+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed, study permit extension

Sep 23, 2014
hi
My study permit is going to expire on june 30 2017 and i have applied for an extension today i.e 3rd June 2017. I will graduate by mid of July. My question is can i work full time once I graudate and am still waiting for my study permit extension (as the processing time is 63 days at this point of time)

sheikhsadik

Star Member
Apr 14, 2017
You can only work full time once you you have applied for Post grad work permit with a valid study permit paper, which means you have to wait until you get your sp extension paper back.

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi
My study permit is going to expire on june 30 2017 and i have applied for an extension today i.e 3rd June 2017. I will graduate by mid of July. My question is can i work full time once I graudate and am still waiting for my study permit extension (as the processing time is 63 days at this point of time)
What do you mean by graduate mid-July? If you have already completed all the requirements for your degree and have applied to graduate, you could apply for PGWP now with a letter from your school. You don't need to wait for the ceremony or the date your degree is actually granted to apply. Same would also be true for extension of study permit, it's not needed if you aren't actively studying.

Sep 23, 2014
I am in a research program and my thesis defense is in mid-July. After a week of that I will receive letter of graduation. So I have another question, can I work part-time from the time i graduate till the time I receive my study permit extension?