+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help needed - strange situation - london chc - dubai

someday

Apr 15, 2011
Dear all,

I am a silent member of this forum. My second AOR recd in feb 2011 and status shows inprocess since feb 2011. CHC london. applied in 0111 fast track.

I am in Dubai working as a fin manager since 17 months but i just received termination letter from my employer yesterday with one month notice. There are may questions comming in my mind?

1. If i move back to my country (India) it will delay my file a lot. Suppose i get medicals after i move to india what will be my situation.

2. secondly, can I get any ban to work in dubai ?

3. I am trying to find a new job atleast till the canada file is processed which might take one more year. My rental apt lease is just renewed before 2 months. If i have to move back to india there will be lot of monetary loss to me as well as it will increase my timline for dubai.

I am very tensed since past 24 hours.

Any good words and suggestions welcomed.

Regards,

Someday

obho0001

Star Member
Apr 25, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/10/2009
Doc's Request.
02/12/2009
AOR Received.
02/12/2009
File Transfer...
10/12/2009
Med's Request
05/08/2010
Med's Done....
17/08/2010
Passport Req..
26/04/2011
LANDED..........
21/06/2011
Hi Someday

Sad to hear of your misfortune. I can only imagine how distressing your circumstances are.

You might feel relieved to know that your application processing will NOT be affected by this job loss. If you will notice, we qualify in this immigration program from the education and work experience we earned in the PAST (as opposed to what we are doing right now). If I can assume that you have already met the necessary work experience and other requirements set by the Canadian Government at the time you lodged the application, I can reassure you that you still qualify as you did at the time you lodged your application.

Losing employment, changing jobs or moving from your current country of residence to another will NOT make your application ineligible for processing. Neither will this negatively affect your application processing.

So, your application processing will NOT be delayed. And when you receive your medical request, you can take it to any medical practitioner designated by Citizenship and Immigration Canada. For a list of DMPs serving in India, visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx

You will, however, need to inform the Canadian Embassy processing your application of any changes in address or country of residence. So if you will leave the UAE you should provide them with updated Schedule 1 and Schedule 3 forms, reflecting these changes in your circumstances.

Now, I do not know much about UAE immigration. But then, why you would be banned from remaining/entering/working in the UAE while you would still have a valid residence/work permit in the UAE? Is your work/residence permit for the UAE is expiring soon? I hope other members can provide you with more information on this.

All the very best wishes with your job-search and this immigration application.

// O

someday

Apr 15, 2011
Thanks buddy for your response. God Bless you. I am depressed and mind is not working as of today. Lets see where life takes me.

S

shibuya

Hi Someday,
Sorry to hear ur plight.

1. You can continue with London CHC but u need to inform Visa office that u have lost ur job.
2. If u r in a FREE zone co u will not get a ban.
3. Regarding ur tenancy contract put a advt in www.olx.ae
4. Try to get a job in another Gulf country if u get a ban in UAE.

someday

Apr 15, 2011
Thanks shibuya, i am looking for a job in dubai itself as of now. i have one month notice period plus some extra days after visa cancellation. lets see what happens... thanks..

wicky

Feb 27, 2011
LONDON UK
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
awaiting
IELTS Request
Submitted with application 7.5 Band
File Transfer...
awaiting
Med's Request
awaiting
Med's Done....
awaiting
Interview........
awaiting
Passport Req..
awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
awaiting
LANDED..........
awaiting
Hi Someday,
I am sorry to hear that,
but do not worry changes are for better,

Do you know what was the reason for your dismissal, or whether they dismissed you because they came to known that you have applied for Canadian immigration and will leave the company later, OR

May be background check from CIC or VO resulted in your dismissal

Wicky