+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help needed regarding PCC from Cuba

Froggie1984

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
I think that's the only thing you can do. If you have no comnections with Cuba, you have to rely on the embassy. Even if you decided to travel to Cuba just for the PCC, there may be a mismatch with the dates on the PCC and the date that you leave (privided that the PCC has from and to dates, I've no idea what it looks like). I hope that IRCC are aware of the situation. Clearly, applying through different embassies makes no difference. The LoE doesn't have to have a specific format. It's saved on my husband's work computer, so can forward it later if you still need it. But just explain your situation in your own words. Say that you have done your best to obtain the PCC from Cuba, thay you have been to the embassy and applied for it (receip attached), say exactly what the embassy advised you in terms of the length of the process, attach any written correspondence if you have any. Also say that you'll provided it by CSE should it arrive earlier than expected, but in the meantime could they please waive the requirement and continue processing your application. Maybe also mention at some point that neither of you have had any criminal records in any country where you've ever resided in and that it proveb by the PCC that you were able to obtain.
Wishing you best of luck. Keep me updated and I will let you know about our progress too.
Sorry about tonnes of typos! Sent it from the phone without proof-reading.
Also, remember to translate and notarize the receipt. I imagine yours is in Spanish, same as ours. Don't get caught out on something simple like that. Good luck!

Emaan Asad

Jun 18, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
I think that's the only thing you can do. If you have no comnections with Cuba, you have to rely on the embassy. Even if you decided to travel to Cuba just for the PCC, there may be a mismatch with the dates on the PCC and the date that you leave (privided that the PCC has from and to dates, I've no idea what it looks like). I hope that IRCC are aware of the situation. Clearly, applying through different embassies makes no difference. The LoE doesn't have to have a specific format. It's saved on my husband's work computer, so can forward it later if you still need it. But just explain your situation in your own words. Say that you have done your best to obtain the PCC from Cuba, thay you have been to the embassy and applied for it (receip attached), say exactly what the embassy advised you in terms of the length of the process, attach any written correspondence if you have any. Also say that you'll provided it by CSE should it arrive earlier than expected, but in the meantime could they please waive the requirement and continue processing your application. Maybe also mention at some point that neither of you have had any criminal records in any country where you've ever resided in and that it proveb by the PCC that you were able to obtain.
Wishing you best of luck. Keep me updated and I will let you know about our progress too.
thx for your detailed response. ok i'll do the same. yes that was the maximum that we can do, it would be great if u send me LOE after your husband reach home. sure i'll keep u updated. we are planning to file on 8th September, lets see where fate can drive us :)

Froggie1984

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
thx for your detailed response. ok i'll do the same. yes that was the maximum that we can do, it would be great if u send me LOE after your husband reach home. sure i'll keep u updated. we are planning to file on 8th September, lets see where fate can drive us :)
Sure, I hope it's helpful. Can't be certain if this advice is useful until we get a decision on it. Didn't answer your questions earlier: we are FSW and yes, I understand from everyone else's posts on here that R10 is done during IP1.

Froggie1984

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Hey Emaan, how are you? How is your application going? Have you heard from the Cuban embassy re PCC or still waiting?

Emaan Asad

Jun 18, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hey Emaan, how are you? How is your application going? Have you heard from the Cuban embassy re PCC or still waiting?
hi, I m fine. how are u? hmmm my application is stuck at IP1, but file has moved to LVO, don't know what is going on. for PCC, later my husband discover one of his friend in Cuba who got that for us that we upload later after AOR via CSE. what about u?

Froggie1984

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
hi, I m fine. how are u? hmmm my application is stuck at IP1, but file has moved to LVO, don't know what is going on. for PCC, later my husband discover one of his friend in Cuba who got that for us that we upload later after AOR via CSE. what about u?
Hi, I'm good thanks. We were stuck in IP1 for almost 4 months, there are still some July AOR people in IP1. They'll probably just skip all the stages and go straight to PPR.
We are at NA2 now, but haven't had much luck with the PCC from Cuba. We've contacted the embassy again and they just confirmed that we won't get it faster than a year. CIC have given us extentions twice now, but I expect they won't be doing that indefinitely, so don't know how it will all resolve in the end. It will be a real shame if we get penalised for inefficiencies of a country we have nothing to do with. Husband has regretted ever going to Cuba :-(

Emaan Asad

Jun 18, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
ohhh that's really terrible. I was thinking that it will make no difference if you cant get pcc because you have provide all proofs of the try u make to get pcc, now why they are even demanding and giving extensions? I also applied through embassy in Canada via my aunt. but thx God that we eventually got that in a time period of one month.
yes my husband was also regretting for the same.

Froggie1984

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
are u pnp?
No, just FSWO.
I have to say, it's stressing us out a lot. CIC don't give out much in their communication with us, they just say 'you have 2 months to provide it or you may be rejected for incompleteness' and that's it. We don't know what they are expecting of us and if they are going to reject us when we have absolutely nothing else to do.
I'm glad you've found a way of getting it, because you'd probably be going through the same now, and it's not nice :-(

Emaan Asad

Jun 18, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
No, just FSWO.
I have to say, it's stressing us out a lot. CIC don't give out much in their communication with us, they just say 'you have 2 months to provide it or you may be rejected for incompleteness' and that's it. We don't know what they are expecting of us and if they are going to reject us when we have absolutely nothing else to do.
I'm glad you've found a way of getting it, because you'd probably be going through the same now, and it's not nice :-(
but I am surprised despite of submission of pcc (without any requirement of CIC after AOR) they still didn't change our status but file is in London visa office, what that indicates?
yes we were also hopeless that we couldn't get it, ask your husband to search any friend or known person of cuba on facebook and then ask them if they can get pcc for u

Froggie1984

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
but I am surprised despite of submission of pcc (without any requirement of CIC after AOR) they still didn't change our status but file is in London visa office, what that indicates?
yes we were also hopeless that we couldn't get it, ask your husband to search any friend or known person of cuba on facebook and then ask them if they can get pcc for u
Don't worry about your status, I don't think it means anything. So many people get PPR without their status changing at all. I know it's nice to see some progress, but just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it's not happening. I'm in July WhatsApp group and there are a few people there who are still in IP1, some of them are in London VO too.
My status changed to NA2 after almost 4 months and same time as the 2nd request for PCC.
Yeah, we've asked around, but no obe knows anyone and as it's been 16 years since husband went to Cuba, he doesn't know anyone from there anymore. We just have to sit and wait what Canada say.