help needed regarding PCC from Cuba

Emaan Asad

Jun 18, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Dear Fellows,

I need a suggestion or any recommendation from any senior member or person from Pakistan. my husband went cuba on scholarship for MBBS, but he came back after 7 months, now I know he lived there more than 6 months so PCC is required from cuba. but Cuban embassy in Pakistan is not responding any phone call or email. can anyone plz suggest the procedure for going through this, how can we have PCC from cuba while residing in Pakistan???
PS: would his incomplete degree will pose any danger to clear PCC?

any help would be highly appreciated.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Emaan Asad said:
Dear Fellows,

I need a suggestion or any recommendation from any senior member or person from Pakistan. my husband went cuba on scholarship for MBBS, but he came back after 7 months, now I know he lived there more than 6 months so PCC is required from cuba. but Cuban embassy in Pakistan is not responding any phone call or email. can anyone plz suggest the procedure for going through this, how can we have PCC from cuba while residing in Pakistan???

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/central-south-amer/cuba.asp

You can apply in person or through mail.

Try paying them a visit if the embassy is nearby.

Emaan Asad

Jun 18, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
I have gone through this link and got contact number and email address from this but the problem is no one is responding.
now if we visit embassy personally then what documents would be required for that purpose?
means what we should give them or ask them to give PCC???

Froggie1984

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Dear Fellows,

Hey, did you have any luck with that pcc in the end or did you submit your application with just a LoE? We have a similar problem with the Cuban PCC, trying to get it from the UK. After going to the embassy, we've been informed that it will take more than a year for them to get us a PCC!!!

Emaan Asad

Jun 18, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hey, did you have any luck with that pcc in the end or did you submit your application with just a LoE? We have a similar problem with the Cuban PCC, trying to get it from the UK. After going to the embassy, we've been informed that it will take more than a year for them to get us a PCC!!!
not yet, still trying to get one, now thinking to get services of some agency that can get PCC on our behalf, didn't submit application yet, what you decide to proceed on this? many members are assaying that LOE will not work in this case and VO will reject the case. if you would know something then please let me know too.

Froggie1984

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
not yet, still trying to get one, now thinking to get services of some agency that can get PCC on our behalf, didn't submit application yet, what you decide to proceed on this? many members are assaying that LOE will not work in this case and VO will reject the case. if you would know something then please let me know too.
Fair enough mate. Keep trying. We have been to the embassy in London and have applied for PCC, paid the fee, got a receipt. There isn't much more we could do other than travel to Cuba in person.

Emaan Asad

Jun 18, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Fair enough mate. Keep trying. We have been to the embassy in London and have applied for PCC, paid the fee, got a receipt. There isn't much more we could do other than travel to Cuba in person.
thats nice, Can you plz guide me whether to apply in an agency is better option or to apply to Cuban embassy?

Froggie1984

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
thats nice, Can you plz guide me whether to apply in an agency is better option or to apply to Cuban embassy?
To be honest, I don't know. Depends on how quickly an agency could do it for you. If you go through the embassy, they will take a really long time. If an agency could sort it out quickly, then maybe it's worth a go???

kokanyi1

Aug 5, 2017
I just came across this, I may not be of much help but I also did MBBS in Cuba and had to get a PCC. Thankfully I still have friends in Cuba who helped me with the process, cos when I spoke to the Cuban embassy in my current location they told me it could take more than 6 months. I would suggest if you still have friends in Cuba then ask them to help. They would have to go to Consultoria Juridica Internacional in Cuba. I tried calling them using the number on their website but it never went through. In addition to the PCC you also need to submit the contract, the website is http://www.cji.co.cu/ I wish I could help but the friend who helped has just left Cuba and though I still know a couple of people there, I don't think they would want to go through the hassle for someone they don't really know as they may have to go to the CJI a couple of times. On a side note, I don't know if my stay in Cuba is contributing to the delay in the processing as I currently hit the 5 months mark and still waiting. Good luck

Froggie1984

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
I just came across this, I may not be of much help but I also did MBBS in Cuba and had to get a PCC. Thankfully I still have friends in Cuba who helped me with the process, cos when I spoke to the Cuban embassy in my current location they told me it could take more than 6 months. I would suggest if you still have friends in Cuba then ask them to help. They would have to go to Consultoria Juridica Internacional in Cuba. I tried calling them using the number on their website but it never went through. In addition to the PCC you also need to submit the contract, the website is http://www.cji.co.cu/ I wish I could help but the friend who helped has just left Cuba and though I still know a couple of people there, I don't think they would want to go through the hassle for someone they don't really know as they may have to go to the CJI a couple of times. On a side note, I don't know if my stay in Cuba is contributing to the delay in the processing as I currently hit the 5 months mark and still waiting. Good luck
Hey, thanks for the info and for trying to help. Unfortunately, we have no contacts in Cuba, as my husband lived there 16 years ago! All his friends from Cuba who he is still in touch with have also left a long time ago. I just can't get over the fact that they told us it would take over a year! How can any document take that long? They got us to pay just a fraction of the price because, in their own words, we may no longer need it by the time it arrives. It sounds to me like there is a little hope of getting it at all :-(

Emaan Asad

Jun 18, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
thx for your suggestion but my husband has no friend there as it was a matter of 10 years ago, are u a pnp candidate or fswo?

Emaan Asad

Jun 18, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hey, thanks for the info and for trying to help. Unfortunately, we have no contacts in Cuba, as my husband lived there 16 years ago! All his friends from Cuba who he is still in touch with have also left a long time ago. I just can't get over the fact that they told us it would take over a year! How can any document take that long? They got us to pay just a fraction of the price because, in their own words, we may no longer need it by the time it arrives. It sounds to me like there is a little hope of getting it at all :-(
hi just wanted to ask what is current status of your application? did they still require PCC even after submission of your receipt??

Froggie1984

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
hi just wanted to ask what is current status of your application? did they still require PCC even after submission of your receipt??
We haven't passed R10 yet, so don't know what they are going to decide about it. I can tell you it's making me very nervous.
What about you? Did you go ahead and apply with a LoE? What's your status at the moment?

Emaan Asad

Jun 18, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
We haven't passed R10 yet, so don't know what they are going to decide about it. I can tell you it's making me very nervous.
What about you? Did you go ahead and apply with a LoE? What's your status at the moment?
ohhh, so how long it will take to clarify the situation? after so many rejections we are able to apply for PCC but from Cuban embassy in Canada and we are Pakistani residents. now thinking to upload receipt with LOE request to waive off the PCC as they are uncertain (embassy) regarding time that will document take to arrive. can u plz share the format of LOE regarding PCC at fate_destiny87@hotmail.com? R10 is IP1??? are you FSW or PNP?

Froggie1984

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
ohhh, so how long it will take to clarify the situation? after so many rejections we are able to apply for PCC but from Cuban embassy in Canada and we are Pakistani residents. now thinking to upload receipt with LOE request to waive off the PCC as they are uncertain (embassy) regarding time that will document take to arrive. can u plz share the format of LOE regarding PCC at fate_destiny87@hotmail.com? R10 is IP1??? are you FSW or PNP?
I think that's the only thing you can do. If you have no comnections with Cuba, you have to rely on the embassy. Even if you decided to travel to Cuba just for the PCC, there may be a mismatch with the dates on the PCC and the date that you leave (privided that the PCC has from and to dates, I've no idea what it looks like). I hope that IRCC are aware of the situation. Clearly, applying through different embassies makes no difference. The LoE doesn't have to have a specific format. It's saved on my husband's work computer, so can forward it later if you still need it. But just explain your situation in your own words. Say that you have done your best to obtain the PCC from Cuba, thay you have been to the embassy and applied for it (receip attached), say exactly what the embassy advised you in terms of the length of the process, attach any written correspondence if you have any. Also say that you'll provided it by CSE should it arrive earlier than expected, but in the meantime could they please waive the requirement and continue processing your application. Maybe also mention at some point that neither of you have had any criminal records in any country where you've ever resided in and that it proveb by the PCC that you were able to obtain.
Wishing you best of luck. Keep me updated and I will let you know about our progress too.