+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed - Points

sheldon

Aug 11, 2009
Hello,

I got the following score in IELTS

L=6, R=8, S=7, W=6.5.

Since I didn't qualify for the 67 points, I am planning to claim for my spouse point also. She is working as a Software Professional.
I would like to know what kind of documents that I need to produce to claim for the spouse points. Do I need to get transcripts from
the university for my wife also? Or mark list and degree cert is sufficient?

I applied under the category 0213.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sheldon said:
Hello,

I got the following score in IELTS

L=6, R=8, S=7, W=6.5.

Since I didn't qualify for the 67 points, I am planning to claim for my spouse point also. She is working as a Software Professional.
I would like to know what kind of documents that I need to produce to claim for the spouse points. Do I need to get transcripts from
the university for my wife also? Or mark list and degree cert is sufficient?

I applied under the category 0213.
She would only give you adaptability points for her education. So you need her transcripts/mark sheets in a sealed envelope from the University.

PMM

sheldon

Aug 11, 2009
OK.. Thanks. Is there anything wrong in claiming adaptability points?. Currently I have only 65 points.
She has got 4 year engineering degree. I already sent my application to Sydney assuming that I can claim for adaptability points.
Please let me know of this is not correct. Or I have to write IELTS once more!

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
nothing wrong... infact you should if you have the opportunity - that will make your case more stronger.

even if you had got good ielts score reaching 67, better claim for all that you are eligible - you never know how IO sees the case.

so, you are all safe... go ahead and claim the poitns for your spouse, and there you go, you have the valid ticket for a sweet boat ride!!

all the best.

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
Secondly, well if you have patience to take IELTS once again, go ahead.

I might differ, but I guess most part of this forum would suggest that the above is NOT necessary... once one gets 67 points, the eligibility is met, and case moves on.

however, you can wait for responses from others too!!

sheldon

Aug 11, 2009
Boltz, Thanks for your replies..

Given a chance, I want to avoid taking IELTS again. I guess I will make use of adaptability points to cross 67.