+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed! - PCC from USA

sheldon

Aug 11, 2009
I am presently working in India in IT industry. I stayed in USA ( Sunnyvale, CA ) for about 9 months in 1999-2000. Do I need to get a police clearance certificate from USA?. If yes how can I get it? Please help, as have to submit all the docs in new delhi visa office within two months time.

sheldon

Aug 11, 2009
Why don't you post the information here itself? It will be useful for all the people then. Anybody has more info on this?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sheldon said:
Why don't you post the information here itself? It will be useful for all the people then. Anybody has more info on this?
You should note that the state requirements for PCCs was changed on 15/10/09

"Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?

Yes. Applicants should provide a Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) certificate with fingerprints. State certificates may also be requested. The Visa Office will advise you if state certificates are required in your case.

See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

PMM

sheldon

Aug 11, 2009
Hi PMM,

Thanks for the info. In the link which you have given, only FBI certificate details are given. State clearance certificates are not mentioned here. Hence I assume only FBI certificate is required now. If the state certificates are needed my local visa office will contact me later. Is that correct?

regards,
Sheldon.