+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed: Online Portal for PR spousal application

frange

May 25, 2018
Hello everyone;

I am about to fill a spousal sponsorship application and sent it via online portal.
I am new to that portal and I really want to avoid mistakes which may cause a rejection.
If someone could guide me, it would be appreciated.

Questions:
1- Who must create the account and submit the application? the sponsor OR the applicant?
3- How I could organize the supporting documents, text messages, trip and family photos?
2-Is there a practical step by step guide and forms that a forum member could share with me?
I am not talking about the IRCC's general guide; but one which was created by someone else according his/her experience.
Please, share your own experience with this new online portal!!!!

Thank you,

Edmegbc

Star Member
Oct 11, 2023
I created a new email address specifically for the application, tracking of all docs we needed to request and basically everything we needed for the move- in my husbands name (PA)
I then organised a folder with categories in in
iRcc forms
Legals (passports marriage certs etc)
Proof of relationship
Proof of intent to settle (we live in uk)
Then I printed out the guide and worked thru everything step by step according to the checklist which I printed out hard copy
I filled out everything I could but worked in sections- first all the passports certificates etc
Then the online forms
Then the pdf forms
Then the ‘soft evidence’ proof of relationship
I did about 3 hours a day for about 2 weeks then would re read what we filled out a few days later - found lots of mistakes and errors this way
We had to wait for police certificates and letters of support so took us about a month to fill it all out
Once we were ready I proof read everythjng again, two/three times and when we were confident we hadn’t missed anything we submitted
Having a copy of the checklist every time you double check everything is a good way to make sure you haven’t missed anything

Edmegbc

Star Member
Oct 11, 2023
Also we submitted one pdf with photos and explanation as the online portal won’t let you attach more than 10/12 docs in each section
Once we submitted I downloaded the zip they linked on the portal as my record

frange

May 25, 2018
Also we submitted one pdf with photos and explanation as the online portal won’t let you attach more than 10/12 docs in each section
Once we submitted I downloaded the zip they linked on the portal as my record
Thank you so much..

Did you submit your application and everything was fine?