+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed on filling out EE profile

ahmdjunaid

Jan 12, 2018
Hello everyone. Need advice on an old issue but I am unable to understand properly as right now I am creating my EE profile.
Following is an extract from my ECA.

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY: Bachelor's degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential Authentication: Transcripts were verified by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Business Administration
Year:
Awarded by:
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Finance
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (three years)

2. Credential Authentication: Transcripts were verified by the institution
Credential: Master of Business Administration
Year:
Awarded by:
Major/Specialization: Finance and Banking
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)
Remarks: The equivalency for this credential is stated in conjunction with study previously completed (see#1, above).

1. What the "Canadian equivalency summary Bachelor's degree (four years) means? given on the first line.
2. Is this ECA result equivalent to two bachelor's degrees? Or only one bachelor's degree?
3. Should I choose Bachelor’s degree 2 times against my ECA in EE profile? One for BBA and one for MBA?

Please help me out on this issue as I am really confused.
Choosing only one bachelor’s degree will give me 112 points but choosing two bachelor’s degree (one for BBA and one for MBA) will give me 119 points.

Thanks

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hello everyone. Need advice on an old issue but I am unable to understand properly as right now I am creating my EE profile.
Following is an extract from my ECA.

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY: Bachelor's degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential Authentication: Transcripts were verified by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Business Administration
Year:
Awarded by:
Major/Specialization: Finance
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (three years)

2. Credential Authentication: Transcripts were verified by the institution
Credential: Master of Business Administration
Year:
Awarded by:
Major/Specialization: Finance and Banking
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)
Remarks: The equivalency for this credential is stated in conjunction with study previously completed (see#1, above).

1. What the "Canadian equivalency summary Bachelor's degree (four years) means? given on the first line.
2. Is this ECA result equivalent to two bachelor's degrees? Or only one bachelor's degree?
3. Should I choose Bachelor’s degree 2 times against my ECA in EE profile? One for BBA and one for MBA?

Please help me out on this issue as I am really confused.
Choosing only one bachelor’s degree will give me 112 points but choosing two bachelor’s degree (one for BBA and one for MBA) will give me 119 points.

Thanks
Hi ahmdjunaid,
1) The Canadian equivalency summary is the overall result of assessing both Degrees
2) Your ECA is equivalent to ONE Bachelor's Degree (ultimately, you're relying on the Equivalency SUMMARY
3) You have to choose one Bachelor's Degree. So, unfortunately, you are only eligible for 112 points.

ahmdjunaid

Jan 12, 2018
Thank you crescent_jam.

So in my EE profile, if I choose bachelor for my BBA and again add another degree as bachelor for my MBA, will it be wrong? I am saying on the basis of their breakdown under point 1 and 2. One bachelor of 3 years and one bachelor of 4 years.

This is quite confusing for me. A few of my acquaintances from the same university got 4 years bachelor for the first one and another for the second one. But they were in different discipline and completed their ECA in 2017.

Do you think I should request WES to review the outcome as my ECA was done in 2015?

ahmdjunaid

Jan 12, 2018
Hi ahmdjunaid,
1) The Canadian equivalency summary is the overall result of assessing both Degrees
2) Your ECA is equivalent to ONE Bachelor's Degree (ultimately, you're relying on the Equivalency SUMMARY
3) You have to choose one Bachelor's Degree. So, unfortunately, you are only eligible for 112 points.

Thank you crescent_jam.

So in my EE profile, if I choose bachelor for my BBA and again add another degree as bachelor for my MBA, will it be wrong? I am saying on the basis of their breakdown under point 1 and 2. One bachelor of 3 years and one bachelor of 4 years.

This is quite confusing for me. A few of my acquaintances from the same university got 4 years bachelor for the first one and another for the second one. But they were in different discipline and completed their ECA in 2017.

Do you think I should request WES to review the outcome as my ECA was done in 2015?

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Thank you crescent_jam.

Oh dear...hmmmm, I'm actually not sure since I wasn't in this specific situation - have you tried searching the threads on the forum to see if you can find an answer? I'm sure this issue has been addressed before...

ahmdjunaid

Jan 12, 2018

mandy.c

Sep 3, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
02-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
01-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
Hi,

I had a similar issue where my masters was evaluated as 4 years bachelors. So I selected 2 or more degrees when calculating my score. And when you create your profile - u select the option f bachelors / masters (as is given in ur degree) but in the ECA question u select bachelors for both. Hope this helps.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Information given in that link is correct but in your case it is not applicable because you have a remarks after your second credentials which says "The equivalency for this credential is stated in conjunction with study previously completed (see#1, above)." thus your first credential gets nullified by the second one. in other words, your first credential is evaluated as part of the second credential so if you want to use your second credential then you can't use first credential. You can use either your first credential or second credential which gives you only one bachelor's degree points.

You can try IQAS which may take up to 16 weeks but may evaluate your MBA as post graduate diploma which will enable you to choose two or more degree option.

Good Luck!

ahmdjunaid

Jan 12, 2018
Hi,

I had a similar issue where my masters was evaluated as 4 years bachelors. So I selected 2 or more degrees when calculating my score. And when you create your profile - u select the option f bachelors / masters (as is given in ur degree) but in the ECA question u select bachelors for both. Hope this helps.
Thank you mandy.c
So you totally disregarded the "CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY" thing given in your ECA and opted to follow the breakdown of individual credentials, right?
Did this create any problem in your later stages?

ahmdjunaid

Jan 12, 2018
Information given in that link is correct but in your case it is not applicable because you have a remarks after your second credentials which says "The equivalency for this credential is stated in conjunction with study previously completed (see#1, above)." thus your first credential gets nullified by the second one. in other words, your first credential is evaluated as part of the second credential so if you want to use your second credential then you can't use first credential. You can use either your first credential or second credential which gives you only one bachelor's degree points.

You can try IQAS which may take up to 16 weeks but may evaluate your MBA as post graduate diploma which will enable you to choose two or more degree option.

Good Luck!
Thank you. Don't have any idea about IQAS. I guess their evaluation procedure is same as that of WES.

mandy.c

Sep 3, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
02-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
01-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
Thank you mandy.c
So you totally disregarded the "CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY" thing given in your ECA and opted to follow the breakdown of individual credentials, right?
Did this create any problem in your later stages?
No I did not disregard. I selected the two degrees option

shridwd

Aug 7, 2017
Hi
I have a situation , I mentioned both Bachelors and Masters for my wife in EE proifle and since ECA was given for only Masters( as CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY 4Yr Bachelor degree) and bachelors was not evaluated as it was in Ayurveda. in EE profile I did mentioned ECA not available for bachelors and master's ECA as 4Yr Degree. I received the ITA, after filling all the Details post invitation we have to calculate the score again before submitting the complete application. And while calculating, the system is considering my spouse education as Masters and I am not sure where I have correct?