+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Needed ! NOC 2171

aarchitj

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
I am currently working in an organisation as a Business Analyst for last 2.5 years. I have applied under the NOC code of 2171.

My previous work experience in an IT company was of 4.5 years and I was designated a "Applications Developer" which is what is mentioned in my Experience Letter and Relieving Letter.

Below are the exclusions that are mentioned for this NOC code-2171.

Exclusion(s)
◦ Computer and information systems managers (0213)
◦ Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers) (2147)
◦ Computer programmers and interactive media developers (2174)
◦ Database analysts and data administrators (2172)
◦ Financial auditors and accountants (1111)
◦ Professional occupations in business management consulting (1122)
◦ Software engineers and designers (2173)
◦ Web designers and developers (2175)

I am not sure whether they will consider my previous experience as valid for this NOC code although my job duties were inline with 2171 but its juts that my designation gives a different meaning. Can you please advise what I should do ?

Many Thanks

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aarchitj said:
I am currently working in an organisation as a Business Analyst for last 2.5 years. I have applied under the NOC code of 2171.

My previous work experience in an IT company was of 4.5 years and I was designated a "Applications Developer" which is what is mentioned in my Experience Letter and Relieving Letter.

Exclusion(s)

I am not sure whether they will consider my previous experience as valid for this NOC code although my job duties were inline with 2171 but its juts that my designation gives a different meaning. Can you please advise what I should do ?

Many Thanks
Duties and responsibilities are important in a experience (Reference letter) not the designation.

Write an LoE.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
aarchitj said:

Exclusion(s)

Many Thanks
It is mentioned on CIC website that your designation might be something but you should choose a NOC which closely relates with your job duties. So you should be good. But do mention this in LOE.

robb83

Jul 4, 2016
There is an NOC team who you can contact to help with this.

I did so and they actually replied and not a generic response.

NC-NOC-CNP-GD2@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca

I went with 2 of their suggestions but ignored the 3rd

applicant_2016

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Hello All,

I worked as a fulltime intern for 1 year in US and was part of the SAP analysts team in the project. My responsibilities fell under NOC 2171/A but in the experience letter the HR has just wrote the generic roles and responsibilities outlined for the position at that time:
  • Support project solution design and documentation including business requirements, process definition and process flow modeling.
  • Support IT system configuration and/or ABAP development activities, including solutions in the SAP ERP system.
  • Support IT system testing activities including test script creation, execution and documentation
Can you please tell if this holds valid for 2171/A ? I am confused as they are just generic for several positions they had across various teams. Please advice.
Thanks in advance.