+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed!!Neon..regarding PR card renewal

dombledore

Aug 16, 2013
I have applied urgent processing for my PR card renewal on Aug/6/2013 and they received the documents on Aug/9 as marked. Unfortunately, I received the returned application today on Aug/18/2013. The reason they argued for the returned is because the photos I attached don't qualify their specification. They highlighted that I smiled on the photos. :'( Anyways, I've retaken another one and planned to mailed everything again tomorrow Aug/19 with the letter. The problem is should I go ahead to mark on the envelop as "urgent-travel documents included" since on their website, they mention the travel date should be more than 3 weeks. My flight departs on Sep/7/2013, which is less than 3 weeks. Will they go ahead to process my documents as urgent or process as normal?? Should I postpone my flight ticket and wait till I get my new PR card ? My previous PR card has expired on Aug/15/2013 :(. Please give me suggestions! much appreciated!!

yjcool1

Feb 24, 2012
You can still apply and CIC will still process it urgently. But you will not be able to get the card on time as it takes another 4 weeks after your application is approved.

I'm in a similar situation (you can read my thread). I applied urgently and they approved it on July 25, but I'm still waiting for the card to be mailed to me (ETA August 26).

I decided to go for my trip and have my friend re-send the card to me aboard, but this is the risk I'm taking.

Hope it helps.

dombledore

Aug 16, 2013
Thanks yjcool1 for your helpful information. How early can you check the online status ? or they would email you the update?
I'll go ahead to give a try tomorrow. Hopefully they will still process it as urgent and won't have any other problem come up again! fingers crossed. Please keep me updated your status on arrival of your PR card.

I think I'll follow your step to take the risk, going for my trip still and ask my family to send the PR card over if possible. Is your PR card expired as well?

yjcool1

Feb 24, 2012
I copied/pasted my online status here (you can see that the approval process takes fairly quickly, but not the card issuing process). Once CIC receive your application, you can check the online status in 5 days. They don't Email you but you can Email them if the online status shows nothing after 5 days. Email is on their website.

Call centre agent told me that I should receive the card no later than August 26... But who knows, I can only keep a little faith. My flight back to Canada is on September 5, so the risk is a little high here...

p.s. My PR card was lost/stolen.

Permanent Resident Card

We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 22, 2013.

We started processing your application on July 23, 2013.

Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on July 25, 2013, and will be issued shortly. Although the majority of permanent resident cards are mailed directly to applicants, it is possible that a card be sent to a CIC office as part of the quality assurance program. If this is your case, you will receive a notice asking you to pick up your card at the CIC office nearest you.

dombledore

Aug 16, 2013
I still didn't receive my PR card and I've left Canada for my trip on Sep/7 with my expired PR card.

I checked CIC online status, still showing that : "in process"

We received the application on Aug/22/2013
and started processing on Aug/23/2013

Can I call call centre to check my status if I'm not in Canada?

or they have removed my case from "urgent request" to regular one?

Any suggestion what I should do ?
I only bought the one-way ticket to leave Canada since I'm afraid my PR card won't come before I traveled.
Is that possible that one-way ticket doesn't meet the urgent processing requirement?

Thanks for any advice!

frazme

Sep 10, 2013
Hi there, did any of you get a PR card yet that you applied for urgent processing? If yes then how long it took to receive the card after it was approved. Thanks

dombledore

Aug 16, 2013
Unfortunately I didn't hear any news from them yet, the online status still shows in process.

Anyways, based on previous forums I think generally it would take at least one to 1.5 month to receive your PR card if you apply for urgent processing case.

Good luck

dombledore

Aug 16, 2013
Just updated my status.

my renewal has been finally approved on Oct/24 and they will either send it to local CIC for me to pick up or mail the PR card to me.

Hope I can receive my card by mail soon. :)

Tas123

Nov 23, 2013
Hi,

How long did it take you guys to get your card after it was approved on urgent processing?

I'm freaking out a little because I applied back on August 26th and it was approved on October 22nd so it has been more than the 83 days required and more than 4 weeks since it was approved. I am leaving the country on December 14th and I thought I would have enough time to get the PR card but it still hasn't come and I am very concerned. I called CIC today and they told me that it's still processing, although it is approved. They advised me to send them an email with proof of travel and they will try to do it ASAP - it might even be done faster than the 30 days required for urgent processing because my card has already been approved.

Can you please advise on my next steps and if you think I should get it on time?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tas123 said:
Hi,

How long did it take you guys to get your card after it was approved on urgent processing?

I'm freaking out a little because I applied back on August 26th and it was approved on October 22nd so it has been more than the 83 days required and more than 4 weeks since it was approved. I am leaving the country on December 14th and I thought I would have enough time to get the PR card but it still hasn't come and I am very concerned. I called CIC today and they told me that it's still processing, although it is approved. They advised me to send them an email with proof of travel and they will try to do it ASAP - it might even be done faster than the 30 days required for urgent processing because my card has already been approved.

Can you please advise on my next steps and if you think I should get it on time?
I have bolded your next step above. Nobody can know if you get it on time or not. You can only try and hope for the best.

qsuper766

Dec 10, 2013
dombledore said:
Just updated my status.

my renewal has been finally approved on Oct/24 and they will either send it to local CIC for me to pick up or mail the PR card to me.

Hope I can receive my card by mail soon. :)
hey hey, mine was approved on the same day, but still till now I haven't receive it. Did you receive yours yet?