+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP NEEDED- Consultants in India

vijayjd88

Aug 28, 2011
Hi,
I am from India and I'm planning to do my MS from canada. I need some help from the indian students who have applied for Canadian Universities.
Can u please tell me if it's advisable to apply through consultants or is it better to apply individually. I would also like to know which are the best and trusted consultants ?

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vijayjd88 said:
Hi,
I am from India and I'm planning to do my MS from canada. I need some help from the indian students who have applied for Canadian Universities.
Can u please tell me if it's advisable to apply through consultants or is it better to apply individually. I would also like to know which are the best and trusted consultants ?
Hi,

As you are aspiring for MS level program in Canada, it means you have to apply in few good Universities (not in colleges). And Consultants in India are almost always restricted to colleges, it is extremely rare for any Indian Consultant to have contract with any reputed Canadian University. So if you decide to take help of agencies like Canam, Edwise etc, you will ONLY end up applying in some colleges in Ontario.

I would suggest you not to take help of consultant in India, instead you should apply directly to the concerned Universities.

taq

Apr 15, 2010
hi thr enfiled iam a follwer of your comments from a long time, help me plsss
i am in dilemma that to apply or not for study permit in chc new delhi, iam from hyderabad and my background is in hospitality management , i have completed my hotel management diploma from France and UK means 6 months in France and 18 months in london after diploma i have worked in pizza hut in london as a manager now iam back to india a year ago , having visas on my previous passport, 2 uk visas 1 french visa and 1 Netherlands visa, refused my high skilled visa in england so came back to india ,

now iam very much intersted to apply the culinary management certificate program for 1 year in canada , dont know in toronto or in winnepeg jst trying to get admission in jan session ,IELTS 6 no less than 5.5 . Diploma in hospitalty management from london Bcom computers in 2003 and experience in hotel from 2003 to 2006 than 2006 to 2008 diploma and 2008 to 2010 work experiance in london ,
so now you again want to pay the inetrnational fees ....... just confuse iam showing my dad is in hotel business and i want to take his business further and want to study culinary kitchen managemnt ....... plaese help me with your experince that what visa officer in new delhi will feel by my profile plssss thanks for your time given thnksssss

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
taq said:
hi thr enfiled iam a follwer of your comments from a long time, help me plsss
i am in dilemma that to apply or not for study permit in chc new delhi, iam from hyderabad and my background is in hospitality management , i have completed my hotel management diploma from France and UK means 6 months in France and 18 months in london after diploma i have worked in pizza hut in london as a manager now iam back to india a year ago , having visas on my previous passport, 2 uk visas 1 french visa and 1 Netherlands visa, refused my high skilled visa in england so came back to india ,

now iam very much intersted to apply the culinary management certificate program for 1 year in canada , dont know in toronto or in winnepeg jst trying to get admission in jan session ,IELTS 6 no less than 5.5 . Diploma in hospitalty management from london Bcom computers in 2003 and experience in hotel from 2003 to 2006 than 2006 to 2008 diploma and 2008 to 2010 work experiance in london ,
so now you again want to pay the inetrnational fees ....... just confuse iam showing my dad is in hotel business and i want to take his business further and want to study culinary kitchen managemnt ....... plaese help me with your experince that what visa officer in new delhi will feel by my profile plssss thanks for your time given thnksssss

Hi,

First I would like to say one thing that on this forum we all are students and not experts, so it's not possible for us to say what a concerned Visa Officer might have to say on your profile or candidature.

What I understood from your post that first you did B.Com (most probably from India) after which you worked in a Hotel Industry for 3 years in India and thn you pursued 2 years ‘Diploma in Hospitality Management' from London, and subsequently worked for 2 more years in London. Well, your profile is impressive because of your education as well as your good international exposure (here I am referring to 3 stamped Visa on your Passport viz UK, Netherland, France) and this particular fact would definitely help you in your current visa processing, if any.

And now you are planning to pursue a certificate course in Culinary Management. And here is what I see some problem ! I mean you have Diploma plus 2 years of International work experience but now you are planning for a Certificate course which looks little bit of descending down to what you already have ! I think you should at least go for a Diploma (if not a Post Graduate Diploma) and its much better (and safe!) thn your proposed Certificate course. I am NOT saying that it's not possible to get visa on the proposed Certificate course, but this could be problematic (and the only possible problem in your entire profile). So maybe you would like to consider a Diploma or a Post Diploma level course, or maybe you would like to go ahead with your Certificate....it's entirely on you. Only you can decide what's best for you.

And I would strongly suggest you to look for a “Co-op based courses” either in Alberta or British Columbia. As these both provinces are tourism dominated and a chance of permanent employment is very high (at least in comparison to other provinces). If you are interested in Alberta thn try to look for courses in schools like NAIT, SAIT or may be in University of Calgary (as they are running one degree level course in Hospitality Management)

And as you said, here I quote you (....... just confuse iam showing my dad is in hotel business and i want to take his business further and want to study culinary kitchen management)

I would say that it not possible to convince the concerned Visa officer with such reasoning ! They are not going to believe you at all with such reasoning. Decision to grant visa are made solely on the basis of facts on papers (Proved facts). So I would suggest you to take a certified bank loan (as it's considered to be a much better instrument over anything else like bank statement, property papers etc).

In short your international exposure with 3 stamped visa would help you. Just to be fully assured, look for a Diploma or a Post Graduate Diploma level course either in Alberta (NAIT, SAIT) or British Columbia. If you are really confidant, go ahead with your proposed certificate course.

Finally I repeat that I am just a student like you, so I am not in a position to suggest you upright. I may be wrong with my post!

*Once you have a study permit, you can “easily change” your proposed course from a diploma to a certificate.

taq

Apr 15, 2010
thank you very much for your time and suggestions,
i really appreciate your view
ill do think on that one more last quiery i got rejection of hsmp visa in uk so i came back is it gona be bad remark on my case
thank you in advance