+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP!!!! MY PGWP REFUSED AND I MADE ANOTHER MISTAKE!!!

luke11

Dec 9, 2012
Hi,
I am a new member here, I really need you guys help! I've always been finding good information about PGWP here tho, I've never thought I would have a problem with it and post my story. I graduated from a university and it took me 5years to earn the bachelor degree. I applied my PGWP on Oct 9, 2012 and received a reject letter saying i provided false information.

That is, I was arrested for assault which was ridiculously unfair action taken by the police; and the Crown directed a stay of proceedings on my case. I didn't get charged and criminal record either, because I was totally innocent!
I believe my innocence was granted by that time so I answered " no" to the question- Have you ever been charged or convicted with a crime". That was my big mistake- I should have explained what happened and how it worked out.

Luckily the 90days limit wasn't passed by that time, so I applied again yesterday via online. I think I have 50/50 chance to get approved for the visa. But I tried to be honest and explained the detail of the case as accurate as possible.

OMG!! Just a minute ago, I found that I did not put my Client ID# on the new application!!!!!!
What should I do now?? Should I re-apply the visa or just call the call centre to add the number on my application form?
Today is the 90th day (MY LAST DAY) and it's Sunday in Canada- the call centre opens only Mon-Fri

Your answer will save my life! Thanks for your time to read this :)
Cheers,
Sun

luke11

Dec 9, 2012
Does anyone please can call the CIC office outside of Canada and ask about my situation?
I am in Canada and the CIC in Canada is closed as it is Sunday!!! I am really hopefulness and I need your help in deciding whether re-apply the PGWP with Client ID or not. It's my 89th day and I don't know what to do :(
Please please let me know!! Thank you very much!

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Is this the first time you've used the online application?

If you've already registered with MyCIC, your Client ID is automatically listed on the application.

luke11

Dec 9, 2012
Is this the first time you've used the online application?

If you've already registered with MyCIC, your Client ID is automatically listed on the application

Hi amikety,
Thank you very much for your reply.
It is my 3rd applications made online. First was for renew my study permit and the second was the rejected one for PGWP.
It's very weired situation... because when I was trying to create a new account with CIC to see how it work, it says my client Id is associated with the old account which shows only 2 previous applications.

But the new account that I re-apply the PGWP on Dec. 6th has a confirmation message says I would have a client ID after the processing's done. That means, I forgot to put my client id on the new application? OR did I put some wrong passport info or other personal info while filling the new application form??

I am very much confused and do not know how to deal with this....

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Why did you make a new account?

In my opinion, that will look suspicious to the VO if they realize you're the same person.

You might want to email the VO and let them know your current client ID and why you made a new account so they don't think you're trying to hide your old visas.

luke11

Dec 9, 2012
Yes! That's what I am worried about.!!!
My first apply for PGWP got already refused due to false information, I think I should correct this error as soon as possible.
Is it helpful to just let them know what happened? or re-apply it today and ask call centre tomorrow to cancel the one made on Dec 6?
Thank you for your help :)

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
luke11 said:
Yes! That's what I am worried about.!!!
My first apply for PGWP got already refused due to false information, I think I should correct this error as soon as possible.
Is it helpful to just let them know what happened? or re-apply it today and ask call centre tomorrow to cancel the one made on Dec 6?
Thank you for your help :)
I would email today and call tomorrow. That will show effort on your part to correct the mistake. Ask if you can cancel this application and use your receipt to pay for a new PGWP with your Client ID.

They may be able to merge the application to your old account - don't stress about that part. They're pretty good at fixing things as long as they are asked.

luke11

Dec 9, 2012
Sorry for keep asking you questions....
I've been searching for their email address, but I am not able to find it.
Do you know where to email my inquiry?
Thank you!

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
I'm going to sound ignorant, but you did an inland application right?

It appears Vegreville doesn't publish their information online. I guess it's up to the Call Centre now. You can also mail a request to withdraw your application to Vegreville, but I would see what the CIC agent recommends first.