+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*HELP* Multiple Entrance/Outland or SingleEntry can he stay?

worththewait2012

Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
**HELP ** - I have posted a few times with no replies... I would really love your advice! Thanks.
Can fiance get Multiple Entrance TRV as a single person with our intentions to wed in Canada upon his arrival?
Would re-entry be affected after we got married as his family status would have changed? (single to married)
or is it better just to have Single Entrance ---> then get married.. and stay in Canada

If applying outland, would he have to go home after the 6 month Single Entrance Visa has expired? or does the spousal sponsorship request allow him to stay until the decision is made for his PR? and or he needs an interview.

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
I am applying outland from within canada and have been advised by people that i can stay here if my visa expires but I would have to go home if I got an interview.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
bonitanita said:
I am applying outland from within canada and have been advised by people that i can stay here if my visa expires but I would have to go home if I got an interview.
Always maintain your legal status. You should apply for an extension before your visitor visa expires. Going out of status will cause headaches and possibly delays for your outland application.

worththewait2012

Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AllisonVSC said:
Always maintain your legal status. You should apply for an extension before your visitor visa expires. Going out of status will cause headaches and possibly delays for your outland application.
Sorry... Just to clarify... to maintain legal status would mean to send a letter once married to advise them of the change for the TRV?

He will plan to book a 2-3 week plane ticket for his TRV application. Is that enough time to apply for extension? Is there anything else regarding that I may not be aware of?
TRV---> Get married in Canada ---> extend TRV---> Send package to Missisauga for Outland

**** should he do his first medical prior to coming to Canada? Does it matter before or after TRV application? or can we find a DMP here in Canada.

Thank you so much for replying!!!! I really appreciate it. SO many details and options to sort out! This forum makes understanding the process so much easier!

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
Sorry worththewait, I was just commenting on what bonitanita was saying as s/he was misinformed about not needing to maintain status during processing. I don't know whether you need to update your marital status for the TRV; hopefully someone else can help with that question.

The application for his TRV extension must be received by cic prior to losing status. They recommend applying a month before status expires, but as long as you can confirm/prove that they received it (certified, signature required whatever the postal lingo is) he will have implied status until a decision is made. IF you are looking for extending implied status as long as possible, apply by mail (not online) as processing times are longer for mailed apps.

Can't help with the marrying sequence much, but to schedule his DMP in Canada is not a problem. It is probably easier and cheaper to do it here. You should pay the PR fees before submitting the TRV extension and include a photocopy of the receipt. It proves intent to obtain PR (even if you haven't filed yet) and you can request the extension so he can stay with you in Canada during processing of the PR.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Long day; tired face. Hope it all makes sense.
Lots of helpful people on the forum; I am sure others will chime in with their thoughts and experiences.

Allison

worththewait2012

Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AllisonVSC said:
IF you are looking for extending implied status as long as possible, apply by mail (not online) as processing times are longer for mailed apps.
sorry... you meant to say... apply my mail as online apps take longer.. correct?

Thank you thank you for taking the time to reply. That helped give a bit more clarity.
Any advice on the "right amount of money" to come for his 2-3 week visit? He will have 6-8000 saved.

I on the other hand... will have 0. I am stable and meet financial requirements.. but my mortgage takes everything I have.. and I don't exactly have accumulating savings!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
That's enough money for the short visit he is applying for.
What country is he from/in?

worththewait2012

Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lima, Peru. We met working together on a cruiseship in 2009. I am happy they cannot say he has not travelled enough. He probably has more country stamps in his passport than the average person. I am going to visit him in March as a passenger. I will be delivering his portion of paperwork so it will be all ready to go for the summer and we only need to add the marriage certificate.. meds and police check.

mzfar

Feb 17, 2012
No re entry wouldnt really have any effect. As long as you have a legal status in Canada you can apply from outland if your spouse is here or outside, and he can stay here since he is "legal." My husband had come to canada with a student visa, it expired in December, but we were already married in October, He got his visa office for one year in April. He hasnt left the country since, since he applied for only once entry visa (cheaper lol) but he couldve left and came back in if he had a multiple entry visa... Hope this helped