+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help !! Missed fall 2014 semester and visa expires in 23 days

Walidaun

Jun 12, 2014
Hi All,

I am supposed to be in Canada for fall 2014 but i missed the start of this semester which started on 25 august. my visa will expire in 23 days. The question is: can I enter Canada and just stay there till the beginning of next semester in Jan 2015. I have my LOA stating that i can start in fall/winter/summer.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Walidaun said:
Hi All,

I am supposed to be in Canada for fall 2014 but i missed the start of this semester which started on 25 august. my visa will expire in 23 days. The question is: can I enter Canada and just stay there till the beginning of next semester in Jan 2015. I have my LOA stating that i can start in fall/winter/summer.

After 23 days, you will have no status (visitor/student) to stay in Canada.

Walidaun

Jun 12, 2014
J5M said:
Hi,

After 23 days, you will have no status (visitor/student) to stay in Canada.
But I will have my Study permit issesd at the POE based on my Winter 2015 admission till the end of my program ?

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Walidaun said:
But I will have my Study permit issesd at the POE based on my Winter 2015 admission till the end of my program ?

With no registration/enrollment in courses, it won't be valid for more than 90 days.

Walidaun

Jun 12, 2014
J5M said:
Hi,

With no registration/enrollment in courses, it won't be valid for more than 90 days.
So what shoul i do ?

I have my phD admission stating that I can start my study in fall 2014 or winter/summer 2015 and as I said visa will expire and it's not so easy to get a new one ? I need to enter and have my study permit for entire my phD period i.e 4 years ? what do I do ?

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Walidaun said:
So what shoul i do ?

I have my phD admission stating that I can start my study in fall 2014 or winter/summer 2015 and as I said visa will expire and it's not so easy to get a new one ? I need to enter and have my study permit for entire my phD period i.e 4 years ? what do I do ?

Get a 'Letter of deferral' for the next intake and apply again, shouldn't be a problem to get a new one.

Walidaun

Jun 12, 2014
J5M said:
Hi,

Get a 'Letter of deferral' for the next intake and apply again, shouldn't be a problem to get a new one.
I am confused.

I thought LOA is all you need at the POE to get your study permit issued. because am a sponsored student an my sponsor will pay enrollment and registration fees once i start there.