Jan. 31, 2013
Med's Request
Feb. 05, 2013
Med's Done....
Feb. 15, 2013
Interview........
ECAS In Process Sept. 12, 2013
Passport Req..
Oct. 9, 2013/ RPRF Request June 18, 2013 (PAID SAME DATE)
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Already IN CANADA
I was nominated under AINP as a principal applicant and my daughter back home in the philippines which is 12 years old was included on my application. I need to gather all the documents to be pass through CIC but i am confused regarding my children information checklist. She was my daughter but out of wedlock( not married) but on her birth certificate shows that im the father. Her mom signed the non accompanying form that she has no objection on our daughter to migrate in canada by herself and gonna live with me. And an affidavit of consent aswell that no objection of migrating here in canada. The problem is is this enough documents to convinced the immigration officer about our application? As additional requirements if applicable only are " adoption papers and proof of full custody". Does it need me to get any of these. I am married now here in canada and my daughter mother is already married aswell. I just to get my daughter to live with me as her mother dont have any objection on the said affidavit and non accompanying form that she signed. Please help me guys ASAP as my timeline of 6 months will be done and already on the third month of it. Need to pass my application before it expires.

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
If I were you I would just send whatever I have in regards to daughter, they will take a look and if something missing, in about a month CIO will return your file indicating exactly what is needed. I would rather do so than wasting my time seeing nomination is coming close to expiration.

klitz24

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 17, 2012
AOR Received.
Jan. 31, 2013
Med's Request
Feb. 05, 2013
Med's Done....
Feb. 15, 2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Already IN CANADA
What if still i cannot provide those documents needed.is there any chance that i can be approve if i write some explanation later saying that i cannot provide those documents due to lack of time. ??

lakambini

Sep 6, 2012
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2009
Doc's Request.
20-01-2010
Nomination.....
20-09-2011
AOR Received.
20-02-2012
IELTS Request
22-01-2010
File Transfer...
na
Med's Request
20-02-2012
Med's Done....
09-03-2012 and 31-07-2012
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
07-11-2012 (CEM received PP's 12-11-12)
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2012
LANDED..........
13-02-2013
Hi klitz24. Gather all files about your daughter and the current status of your daughter's mom. Both of you were never married, so get your daughter's birth certificate (original from NSO), it should state there that she is illegitimate (born year 2000, right? So I am assuming your daughter is carrying her mother's maiden name). Is your name in her birth certificate as her biological father? And do you have your signature consenting you are the father on the 2nd page of her birth certificate? If you do, you need all of those, and her mother's current status, a letter explaining both your situation, the consent letter from her that she does not object you petitioning her (notarized) - which you said you have that consent already, so that would be the IMM 5604 (or the Declaration from the Non-Accompanying Parent). That should be notarized, and it should accompany a letter from the mother and a copy of her valid id. That letter needs to state the reasons why she approves of your daughter going to Canada. She has to state that there was never an arrangement of custody between the two of you (and if ever there was, both of you need to explain all of those). You need to prepare an explanation letter yourself of how you went about the last 12 years of your daughter's life, did you ever support her, did you ever contact her, did you spend the first so-so years with her, etc. You have to notarize all explanation letters. If you ever had pictures of you and your daughter, you need to include those. If for the past 12 years, you were never there in her life, then that would post a more complicated matter because a mother will not give away her child to the biological father who was never involved with the child since birth (theoretically), unless a situation calls for, like anything is possible here in the Philippines -- like the mother can not give a good life to her child and consents to have her petitioned by the biological father who can provide better.

Whatever your situation is, you need a clearance from DSWD about this. I've never heard of custody battle in the Philippines, but it is always the mother who has the right to a child here in our country. A mother can travel with her child without clearance from DSWD. Chances are, mother and daughter will need to go through DSWD about this - with you, for that clearance or any document from them giving you the right to get your daughter away from the mother. Call up DSWD about it. Perhaps mother and daughter can sort that out in DSWD without you, maybe not. Maybe DSWD would want to see the father if you were never in her life and then suddenly appears after 12 years. DSWD would want to make sure this is not child trafikking. And they drill questions regarding mother and father's intent to have the child go out of the country. Whatever it is, I am just informing you of what I think I know, I may be wrong. We have the same situation, except I am the mother of a child out of wedlock, and my 12-year old daughter was always with me, so I never had a problem. I just needed to pass that consent to travel from the biological father and his letter to go with that form. Later on, they asked for my explanation letter regarding my previous relationship with the biological father - to which I didn't need to notarize, by the way.

Another thing - I am presuming you are in Canada now (taking it from your sentence "And an affidavit of consent as well that no objection of migrating here in canada"), so the question is - what was your status upon entering in Canada? (Like PR, FWS, etc) And what is your status now? (PR, Citizen?) Did you ever declare that you had a daughter upon entering in Canada? Because if you didn't, then that alone would be a problem even before passing all those documents, because it is a case of misrepresentation. Unless you entered Canada without that declaration because they never asked, then go ahead and pass whatever you can to beat your deadline, as what Truongan said.

Now, if you are somewhere else and not in Canada, then go ahead and pass all those that I've said, plus the DSWD clearance or whatever document you can get from them - in replacement of the "proof of full custody" (if you ever supported her and sent her money, include proof of sending remittances too or gifts, etc. Anything that ties you with your child). If you have photos of bonding with your daughter's family, like being with the grandmom for instance, include all of those too. If you don't have time, and the mother doesn't have time to do all of the DSWD stuff, the DSWD part can be done later on - because even if CIC won't ask for this anymore, you will still need that for your daughter to get out of the country.

klitz24

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 17, 2012
AOR Received.
Jan. 31, 2013
Med's Request
Feb. 05, 2013
Med's Done....
Feb. 15, 2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Already IN CANADA
Hi lakambini i already sent my documents at CIO.these are the requirements for my daughter that only i've got. Birthcertificate from NSO appeared my name on it as a father. My daughter is carrying my name on the birthcertificate and they did that last year since i was signed on the back of the birthcertificate as father acknowledging her as my daughter. The NoN accompanying form that signed by her mother with a copy of id's,the affidavit of consent from her mother notarized. We are now both married but i was under PNP and was nominated by alberta. I was TFW when i entered canada. I sent all the documents and just write to immigration officer that that the only documents i can give for now since my timeline is only 6 months i cannot provide anymore documents and my work permit will expired this last week of january and need to wait for a new one so i cannot go back home in phils. And if those documents are not enough i toldthem to disregard the application of my daughterand proceedwith my application and once a luckily become a PR then i will sponsoragain mydaughter and need tocomplete all the documents needed. Without running out of time fir thesubmission. I attached both payments for2 applicants. Still hoping thatmy daughter will beincluded on our application. God bless

joy16

Nov 27, 2012
hello! I have a question quite similar to you. I am getting married soon and my fiance has a son from his previous marriage. My problem is that we do not know the whereabouts of his ex wife and we do not know what proofs we need to submit to include his son in the application. We do not have any news about his ex wife for almost 7 years. His son already considered me as his mom for years. I hope I can get some insights about it. Thank you!