+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP!!!! Is my husband being deported?!?

tow75

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Interview........
12-17-2012
Hi everyone,
I sponsored my husband for residency a year ago. And today we receives a refusal letter from CIC, based on the IO finding that our relationship is not genuine. The letter also stated that my husband broke the law by registering for a college in 2010 when he was out of status( he attended for a few days and then stopped going when his study permit was refused) and is therefore inadmissable to Canada. The letter says my husband will be getting anothe letter asking him to attend an interview to discuss this further.

Is this a deportation interview?!?! Will they take my husband afterwards? The letter says that if he decides to leave the country before the interview he would need to advise cbsa of his departure at the airport. There's no mention anything about time limits fr him to leave or when we should expect the new letter.

We'll be returning to his country and we were planning to do this near the end of the month. We really wanted to leave together.

I have no idea what's going on and were both very worried.

blessedelaine

Dec 10, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
61312 mailed out
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
61512 CPC-M received
AOR Received.
82112- thru email
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
012813-email/ Submitted all docs: 040213
VISA ISSUED...
042513 PDOS.......:042613
LANDED..........
tow75 said:
Hi everyone,
I sponsored my husband for residency a year ago. And today we receives a refusal letter from CIC, based on the IO finding that our relationship is not genuine. The letter also stated that my husband broke the law by registering for a college in 2010 when he was out of status( he attended for a few days and then stopped going when his study permit was refused) and is therefore inadmissable to Canada. The letter says my husband will be getting anothe letter asking him to attend an interview to discuss this further.

Is this a deportation interview?!?! Will they take my husband afterwards? The letter says that if he decides to leave the country before the interview he would need to advise cbsa of his departure at the airport. There's no mention anything about time limits fr him to leave or when we should expect the new letter.

We'll be returning to his country and we were planning to do this near the end of the month. We really wanted to leave together.

I have no idea what's going on and were both very worried.
this is so sad to hear.. i cant say if it is a deportation. maybe you need to explain your side to prove that your relationship is genuine. pray and everything will be okay.. where are u from by the way?

tow75

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Interview........
12-17-2012
I'm a Canadian citizen and my husband is Moroccan. We already had an interview to prove our relationship a couple weeks ago. We knew we'd be refused, and we know the IO came to a decision unfairly, and we intend apply for Judicial Review with the Federal Court. We'll be leaving the country to go live in Morocco by the end of the month. I'm just worried that he'll have some kind of record which will complicated things when we try to get back here.

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
I highly doubt that they're going to cuff him there and then at the interview. I think they're more or less just going to give him a solid time frame to be out of the country. If he does not leave the country by that time frame given to him at the interview, THEN they will find him and deport him.

blessedelaine

Dec 10, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
61312 mailed out
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
61512 CPC-M received
AOR Received.
82112- thru email
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
012813-email/ Submitted all docs: 040213
VISA ISSUED...
042513 PDOS.......:042613
LANDED..........
CrazyLucy said:
I highly doubt that they're going to cuff him there and then at the interview. I think they're more or less just going to give him a solid time frame to be out of the country. If he does not leave the country by that time frame given to him at the interview, THEN they will find him and deport him.
i agree with you.. they wont caught him, just a formal advisory only perhaps.. :)