+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help in filling IMM544E form for the first time ?

madee4u

Mar 29, 2010
Background: I am planning to go for PR landing procedure for the first time from USA and would need help for the below questions.

Form Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5444E.pdf

"19. ADDRESS HISTORY: Your address history for the past 5 years or if you became a permanent resident less than five years ago, your address historysince becoming a permanent resident"

Since I am coming for USA for first time, should I enter the information for the past 5 years from USA.[/font]

"21. TRAVEL HISTORY: Have you travelled or lived outside of Canada in the last five years (or if you became a permanent resident less than five years ago,since becoming a permanent resident)?"

22. If you have been outside of Canada for 1095 days or more, list your absences from Canada in the past five years in the following situations, if applicable If you became a permanent resident less than five years
ago: list absences from the time you became a permanent resident to present.

"

Is 21 and 22 applicable to me. I am assuming these are for renewal or lost cards case and not for NEW PR cards ? am I right ?

"Supplementary Identification Form (IMM 5455)."

Do I need this form ?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

madee4u said:
Background: I am planning to go for PR landing procedure for the first time from USA and would need help for the below questions.

Form Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5444E.pdf

"19. ADDRESS HISTORY: Your address history for the past 5 years or if you became a permanent resident less than five years ago, your address historysince becoming a permanent resident"

Since I am coming for USA for first time, should I enter the information for the past 5 years from USA.[/font]

"21. TRAVEL HISTORY: Have you travelled or lived outside of Canada in the last five years (or if you became a permanent resident less than five years ago,since becoming a permanent resident)?"

22. If you have been outside of Canada for 1095 days or more, list your absences from Canada in the past five years in the following situations, if applicable If you became a permanent resident less than five years
ago: list absences from the time you became a permanent resident to present.

"

Is 21 and 22 applicable to me. I am assuming these are for renewal or lost cards case and not for NEW PR cards ? am I right ?

"Supplementary Identification Form (IMM 5455)."

Do I need this form ?
1, You don't require the 5544 as you initial PR card will be processed at the same time as you "land"

madee4u

Mar 29, 2010
According to many forums and also if you go the link and in the form itself, there is a field which says "Obtain your first permanent resident card" which means I need to fill this form. Please confirm as i am confused now.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:D Hi, no need for confusion. As PMM advised you don't need the IMM544E.
You need the original COPR and passport to show at the boarder or landing airport. The BSA will take care of everything. You will get the PR card by mail within the normal processing time .

Forget about what you saw in other forums or website.

manchai

Star Member
Mar 25, 2010
wilson said:
:D Hi, no need for confusion. As PMM advised you don't need the IMM544E.
You need the original COPR and passport to show at the boarder or landing airport. The BSA will take care of everything. You will get the PR card by mail within the normal processing time .

Forget about what you saw in other forums or website.
Hi,

could some one help me. I am landing in weeks time and now confused about IMM 5444E form ? Do we need to pay the fees to cic website for 50 dolloar. I am landing first time in canada.

As mentioned on cic website if you dont fill out form correctly and leave anything black will return your application. I need your advise.

looking forward to hear.

thanks,