+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help in deciding course

Sood

Dec 16, 2014
Hey i am looking forward to the MAY intake and have my IELTS on 7th of FEB.

Initially i decided to go with PG diploma in International business which is for 1 year in most of the colleges but then i am confused because i would only get 1 year of work permit. Now i am looking forward to Global business management from Centennial College also which is for 2 years.

can anyone help me decide which course i should go with and why? And also if anyone can guide me for a better course or a better college i would be thankful to the person.

FYI i have completed my Post graduation in Marketing as a major in April 2014. Now we know that VISA is rejected on the basis of course of study chosen being irrelevant to previous qualifications.

Thank you

Nightrocker

Feb 27, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2011
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
Sood said:
Hey i am looking forward to the MAY intake and have my IELTS on 7th of FEB.

Initially i decided to go with PG diploma in International business which is for 1 year in most of the colleges but then i am confused because i would only get 1 year of work permit. Good Move! Don't go with one year program.

Now i am looking forward to Global business management from Centennial College also which is for 2 years. I would avoid Business programs. Find something more interesting.

can anyone help me decide which course i should go with and why? And also if anyone can guide me for a better course or a better college i would be thankful to the person.

FYI i have completed my Post graduation in Marketing as a major in April 2014. Now we know that VISA is rejected on the basis of course of study chosen being irrelevant to previous qualifications.

Thank you

Rupal Shah

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Hi,

I am going with business program or Hr program of just one year.

I have one of my friends who studied business in Parkland College Saskatchewan. He says that there all the students are applying for provincial certificate after just getting a full time job.

My friend applied for provincial certificate also soon after getting job in total just 13 months. One year study and Pnp directly after getting job.

I think one year program is suitable for Saskatchewan province.

Time save and money save!!!

Canada Hawk

Nov 18, 2014
Rupal Shah said:
Hi,

I am going with business program or Hr program of just one year.

I have one of my friends who studied business in Parkland College Saskatchewan. He says that there all the students are applying for provincial certificate after just getting a full time job.

My friend applied for provincial certificate also soon after getting job in total just 13 months. One year study and Pnp directly after getting job.

I think one year program is suitable for Saskatchewan province.

Time save and money save!!!
Its not that easy since SINP in Saskatchewan has a limited quota. Be careful and do some more study as i could see most of the students migrating towards Saskatchewan for PR. Here's the link where you can watch the new 2015 threshold for SINP: economy.gov.sk.ca/immigration/sinp-application-intake-thresholds

Rupal Shah

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Canada Hawk,

Thank you for sharing link of threshold.

Compared to 2014 they have increased quota in 2015. The table clearly shows that it was 400 in 2014 and it has been increased to 1000 for 2015.

More applications in 2015 for SINP.

I don't want to go for longer plan of settlement with Ontario.

Thank you :)

Sood

Dec 16, 2014
jaspartapbajwa said:
bro ..tell your full profile
bro my complete is as follows

I have a commerce background . Completing my schooling in 2007
Completed BBA as graduation from 2008 - 2011
Completed PGDM in marketing as a major from 2012 - 2014

i would be thankful to you for your valuable inputs.

:)

Sood

Dec 16, 2014
night rocker

I have a reason behind going for business course and that is to try and avoid any complications in the visa process.
Coz now a days they reject visa and justification is field of study not relevant.

Thanx for ur inputs

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Sood said:
night rocker

I have a reason behind going for business course and that is to try and avoid any complications in the visa process.
Coz now a days they reject visa and justification is field of study not relevant.

Thanx for ur inputs

Justification is not what you are thinking. Most of the applicants (India) get refused mainly because of poor academic records (most important reason).