+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! I am in Canada with Valid Work Permit, How to Apply TRV online?

rebeccahxm123

Aug 24, 2013
Hi everyone,

I am in Canada and just got my bridge work permit and want to apply new TRV. Before I used the online myCIC system to apply my TRV, I should do some questionnaire (Come to Canada Wizard) to build my own checklist. But thing is really odd....when I finished my Questionnaire the application form came out in my list is "application form made outside canada". But I am in Canada and also select the CANADA as my residence country. I tried many times, but still come with the outside canada application form. Any one meet same issue? or any one know what is wrong with it? Thanks!!

CrisTriumph

Aug 6, 2013
Submit thru mail your TRV application inside Canada to CPP-ottawa. Use the document checklist for TRV inside Canada Form. Do not apply online. Where are you in Canada?

jyths123

Aug 20, 2013
I am also facing the same issue with CIC website. It's always giving the 'made outside canada' option. I am confused. In CIC website it clearly states, we can apply online as well.

rebeccahxm123

Aug 24, 2013
Hi CrisTriumph,
Thanks for your information. I am in Vancouver. Right now I still need my passport for next next week trip to US but I want to apply TRV at the same time. So I think online application is better way for my situation. Might I know why we cannot apply online? Thanks

rebeccahxm123

Aug 24, 2013
Hi Jyths123,

Also feel confused. My friend applied online at April. She said the outside canada option did not jump out. But now she tried again the Come to Canada Wizard as same as she did last time, she got the outside option too as me...

farukSYED

Apr 7, 2012
Try this:

The Call Centre can answer questions, in English and French, about Citizenship and Immigration (CIC) services and programs, or applications in process inside Canada.

Call Centre telephone number: 1-888-242‑2100

Automated telephone service (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
If you have a touch-tone telephone, you can listen to prerecorded information about CIC programs, order application kits, and check the status of your application.
Call Centre agents - Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays.
You must choose one of the first five recorded options before you can speak to an agent.

Note that agents cannot:
answer questions about application status once it is sent to a Canadian visa office outside Canada,
make decisions on applications, or
help process applications more quickly.

rebeccahxm123 said:
Hi Jyths123,

Also feel confused. My friend applied online at April. She said the outside canada option did not jump out. But now she tried again the Come to Canada Wizard as same as she did last time, she got the outside option too as me...

jyths123

Aug 20, 2013
Hi rebeccahxm123,

That sounds like an issue then...! btw, I happened to notice the forms that we fill are the same though..! Its always 5257, irrespective of applying within Canada or outside. I have a question while applying online. How do we get the VISA stamp on our passport? Do we need to send the passport on a later stage to CPP-Ottawa?

rebeccahxm123

Aug 24, 2013
Hi jyths123
I just got the reply from CIC. The person said we do need to care the name of the application form is outside canada or not. She said if we select Canada as the country of residence, our application were be processed by CPPO. After they approved our application, they will send message to our myCIC to ask us to send our passport for issuing the formal visa on our passport

jyths123

Aug 20, 2013
I think, then its better to apply paper application. Processing times are not that different. Moreover, I have done paper application before and it didnt take much time back then..! Thanks for letting me know..!!

mytammy

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
I am reading your messages about application for TRV. I am on process for PR but I want to go home to my home country. I know I must apply for TRV but do you have any ideas if my PR application will affect my TRV application? Thank you so much. And please keep up sharing information about online and paper application for TRV.

jyths123

Aug 20, 2013
mytammy said:
I am reading your messages about application for TRV. I am on process for PR but I want to go home to my home country. I know I must apply for TRV but do you have any ideas if my PR application will affect my TRV application? Thank you so much. And please keep up sharing information about online and paper application for TRV.
I dont think your PR application is gonna affect your TRV by any chance. Both are different totally..!