+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help help help....WES did'nt recognize India's top ranked institute...what to do

rajibsam

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
New2Ca said:
Please check whether your institution is available in the list given by WES on approved list of institutions. Its available on WES web site country wise. Your institution probably not in the list. The reason may be NEW institution or does not have ACCREDITATION or AFFILIATION. This usually need to be done by institution not the student after completion of certain years. You may request your institution authority regarding this and they may do needful. But its a long process. Best way to check this before admission. All the best.
It was founded in 1949. Not a new institution.

ishpah

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
MZASAM said:
Don't be surprised and assume XLRI is known the world over. You are grossly mistaken

It is not MIT, Harvard, Oxford....

For your info even IIT, IIMs are not known to many countries in the world and do not fall even in first 100 best rated list of institutions .

Without debating these institutions, their prominence, excellence,

you focus on getting your credential assessed by explaining to WES. Hope you agree

Let's not waste our time and energy Wink
Their list contains some local college, not even IIMs, IMT, MDI etc. but my colleagues from these institutes got their degrees assessed as 'Masters' from 'Recognized' institutes.

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
ishpah said:
Hi all

I hold a PGDM degree from XLRI (One of India's top 5 MBA institutes) and I sent my educational transcripts and degree in prescribed manner to WES for assessment.

And just now, I received my report. While they recognized my bachelor's degree from Thapar, but for my Master's they mentioned "Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution; The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential"

How is that possible? How can they not recognize India's top ranked institute XLRI, while I have seen them providing equivalency status from small small institutes of India.

Guys, please advise what to do?
I am really sad to hear this, several people on this forum have complained about this, I have come across so many threads online where Indian Post-grad holders were given Canadian bachelor's equivalent.... WES generally does not convert Indian Masters degrees (including MSc,MA,PGDs) to Canadian ones. The only exception is with MBAs; WES will only convert an Indian MBA to Canadian MBA.

You say you have a PGDM from a business institute, is it possible for you to take some additional courses in the institute and get an MBA? If it is possible for you to do this then I would recommend you do. Other than this, there's nothing else you can do, WES will not change the ECA report they have given you.

shobh12

May 20, 2016
Hi All,

I have completed my PGDM from IMT Ghaziabad (2 years full time) but I am not finding the institute name in WES list. Does anyone knows if the institute is recognized by WES and whether they consider it as equivalent to Canadian MBA (Masters) or Two year diploma?

Please help. Its affecting my CRS score a lot.

Regards!

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
shobh12 said:
Hi All,

I have completed my PGDM from IMT Ghaziabad (2 years full time) but I am not finding the institute name in WES list. Does anyone knows if the institute is recognized by WES and whether they consider it as equivalent to Canadian MBA (Masters) or Two year diploma?

Please help. Its affecting my CRS score a lot.

Regards!
Since you will need an ECA for your foreign degree either way, in order to create your EE profile, you mig as well go ahead and have it assessed. Even of it comes back as less than what you thought, at least you will know where you stand as far as your CRS score goes.

Then you can decide which steps you could take to improve your score.

shobh12

May 20, 2016
ishpah said:
The transcripts says 'AICTE recognize this as equivalent to MBA", but I am not sure why WES report says institution status as 'Non-recognized'. While creating the profile, I picked the name of XLRI from their drop-down menu. And anyways, it is one of the premier institutes of India, how can they not have in their database?
I know they have given IMT Ghazibad and XIM Bhubaneshwar along with IIM degrees equivalent to 'Masters; my friends recently got that done. Not sure why such discrimination with XLRI.
Hi,

Are you sure that IMT Ghaziabad 2 years full time PGDM is recoginzed by WES. Mine is the same case and i'm worried about the same. Already cleared IELTS with overall band 8, incase the PGDM doesnt gets recognized as Masters or two year diploma, all efforts might go to drain. Can you please provide your friend's reference who got it recognized from IMT. Please help.

Thanks!

rubinderjit

Sep 21, 2015
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ishpah said:
Their list contains some local college, not even IIMs, IMT, MDI etc. but my colleagues from these institutes got their degrees assessed as 'Masters' from 'Recognized' institutes.
@Ishpah: Have you taken further action? If yes, with what result? Also Clarify that whether your degree is PGDM or PGP (Buss.Mgt.) or PGP (PM & IR)?

kurtrules

Star Member
May 6, 2016
Please write in to them, mentioning/providing two things -

1) Proof from AICTE/UGC that XLRI is recognized under one of these commissions (You can easily get that on the XLRI website)
2) Requesting them to consider your PGDM as an "MBA" (With proof), else you will have a batchelor's and an PG diploma after assessment, which will not give you the same points that a Masters will

vine73

Jul 6, 2016
Hi

This ius a definite error or that you have not satisfied WES with the credentials. Mail them and it will get resolved. No point lamenting in a forum

skdubai

Nov 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have an MBA from SP Jain and they refused to recognize it. I asked for reevaluation and the same thing. Asked SP Jain to intervene and they said they are helpless on this issue.

They don't recognize bschools from India for some reason..

RAMBO1503

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Guys, if any one of you is able to get your institute recognised,please reply.I am trying to write for my institute..please help urgently

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
skdubai said:
I have an MBA from SP Jain and they refused to recognize it. I asked for reevaluation and the same thing. Asked SP Jain to intervene and they said they are helpless on this issue.

They don't recognize bschools from India for some reason..
Because Indian Business Schools award P.G Diploma and not a Masters Degree.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
is WES the only education assessment institution accepted by Canada? i thought there were 3-4 other institutions also right ?

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I can understand the frustration when your MBA is not recognized MBA on foreign soil. It has happened with many. Note down the following steps you need to take care of:

Ask the college to send the following recognition copies to WES
> AIU equivalence of MBA
> AICTE recognition certificate
> Any other recognition/membership certificate that college has earned (like AACSB etc.)

Also, try to dig cases of alumni who have received masters equivalence earlier. This is because the cases are handled by different people at WES and God knows who works in which way to assess them.

All the best.

Canada2425

Jun 1, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-11-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-12-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
18-06-2017
Surprising topic. XLRI/SPJ are not recognized ones?!!!!
Please write to WES and get it clarified. I have heard people saying, WES revises the report if required.
I got mine as Masters Degree though for 2 years full-time from NM.