+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP HELP HELP I don’t know if I’m still within CIC law for international students

Faith123876

Dec 6, 2018
I finished college in the summer term (August,2018) and I graduated in October, 2018. I have not been in school during the fall term because I’m hoping to resume for the winter term in another university by January 2019. I’ve been working for about 25hrs a week or less for the whole fall term. Have I violated any CIC law so far?? Please help

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I finished college in the summer term (August,2018) and I graduated in October, 2018. I have not been in school during the fall term because I’m hoping to resume for the winter term in another university by January 2019. I’ve been working for about 25hrs a week or less for the whole fall term. Have I violated any CIC law so far?? Please help
Have you received confirmation of program completion and been accepted to a new program already? If not, yes, you have been working illegally.

Dec 6, 2018
Have you received confirmation of program completion and been accepted to a new program already? If not, yes, you have been working illegally.
Dear canuck_in_uk,

I have recently received my student visa as an international student and my visa is under the process of attachment in my passport. My admission letter (4-year- study, undergraduate course) is for Winter 2019 however I have decided to change my university so that I will get admitted to the new school for Fall 2019 and meanwhile I am not going to travel to Canada until Fall 2019. Can I still change my DLI number while I have not entered Canada yet? And if so, will I get the Study Permit easily without any problem?

Thanks a lot

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Dear canuck_in_uk,

I have recently received my student visa as an international student and my visa is under the process of attachment in my passport. My admission letter (4-year- study, undergraduate course) is for Winter 2019 however I have decided to change my university so that I will get admitted to the new school for Fall 2019 and meanwhile I am not going to travel to Canada until Fall 2019. Can I still change my DLI number while I have not entered Canada yet? And if so, will I get the Study Permit easily without any problem?

Thanks a lot
I suggest you create a new thread of your own to ask this.