+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[HELP] have not received my passport back for two weeks!

ivan92

Jun 4, 2015
I applied for TRV online by VAC in NYC and received the passport request on MAY 14th.
I mailed my passport and prepaid priority mail envelope to the VAC and the system showed that it was approved on MAY 22nd.

However, I did not get my passport by now.
I contacted the VAC center and they told me that my passport was mailed out on MAY 22nd. While they cannot offer me tracking number for my return since my prepaid envelope was 5.75$ airway bill without tracking number.
Since it's my first time to mail the passport, I forget to request the tracking number when I bought the prepaid envelope in post office. The clerk there just asked what I need and gave me two envelopes and helped me put them into it and mailed it out for me.

I am so upset now because I have to use my passport next week.
I am wondering is there anyone has the situation with me? How long do you finally get your passport?

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
Hey Ivan

You may wanna call VAC and ask atleast through which courier service they have sent it. Atleast u can call those people and ask. Also i would suggest write an email to their infoXXXXXXX email id

How long did the whole process take u till u got the approval?

ivan92 said:
I applied for TRV online by VAC in NYC and received the passport request on MAY 14th.
I mailed my passport and prepaid priority mail envelope to the VAC and the system showed that it was approved on MAY 22nd.

However, I did not get my passport by now.
I contacted the VAC center and they told me that my passport was mailed out on MAY 22nd. While they cannot offer me tracking number for my return since my prepaid envelope was 5.75$ airway bill without tracking number.
Since it's my first time to mail the passport, I forget to request the tracking number when I bought the prepaid envelope in post office. The clerk there just asked what I need and gave me two envelopes and helped me put them into it and mailed it out for me.

I am so upset now because I have to use my passport next week.
I am wondering is there anyone has the situation with me? How long do you finally get your passport?

ivan92

Jun 4, 2015
prashanthbv said:
Hey Ivan

You may wanna call VAC and ask atleast through which courier service they have sent it. Atleast u can call those people and ask. Also i would suggest write an email to their infoXXXXXXX email id

How long did the whole process take u till u got the approval?
@prashanthbv hey, thank you for you advice. The USPS shows that my passport was received by vac on May 18 and the I received the message from system that it was approved on May 21st.

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
ivan92 said:
@ prashanthbv hey, thank you for you advice. The USPS shows that my passport was received by vac on May 18 and the I received the message from system that it was approved on May 21st.
Hey Ivan

Any update on your passport?

Could you please share your timeline? I mean, when did u apply for the work permit and how long did it take for the whole process

Thanks

Reshmapillai

Jun 2, 2016
I am on the same boat Ivan, I am so worried it's been over a week now and haven't received my passport. Pls update me if you received them later? Should I wait?