+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help for generic application form(Urgent)

Mirboy

Sep 15, 2013
hello friens.
i have already asked this question before on this forum for point 3 on generic application form Immigration office requested.
one of our frien on this forum replied me to write "CPP OTAWA"
but one of my frien who applied last week said we have write sydney Nova Scotia as we sending our file to that office.

i am confused now what to do, do i need to rewrite the form and validate it again as i have done it already mentioning cpp otawa in point 3.
pls guide me

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
Mirboy said:
hello friens.
i have already asked this question before on this forum for point 3 on generic application form Immigration office requested.
but one of my frien who applied last week said we have write sydney Nova Scotia as we sending our file to that office.

i am confused now what to do, do i need to rewrite the form and validate it again as i have done it already mentioning cpp otawa in point 3.
pls guide me
Most people are sending to Sydney..

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
Konan1982 said:
Most people are sending to Sydney..
You send to Sydney but Ottawa processes
To be honest it doesn't matter what you put but Ottawa would be the more accurate choice

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
lpc19800 said:
You send to Sydney but Ottawa processes
To be honest it doesn't matter what you put but Ottawa would be the more accurate choice
I havent sent yet..

So he can put Ottawa but send to Sydney or you mean he can send to Ottawa too?

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
Konan1982 said:
I havent sent yet..

Put Ottawa on form
Send to Sydney which is the central intake office

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Konan1982 said:
I havent sent yet..

No, you can't send your application to CPP-Ottawa. Read the instruction guide and
send it to the address mentioned there, it's CIO-Sydney.

snuffles

Sep 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 14, 2012
AOR Received.
Jan. 14, 2013
Med's Request
Oct. 9, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct. 11, 2013
Passport Req..
Oct. 22, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 31, 2013
LANDED..........
Nov. 9, 2013
Mirboy said:
hello friens.

pls guide me
That's the VISA office you wish to have you PR application processed. Put down CPP-Ottwa NOT Sydney.

Frankly it probably only matters when you put down a foreign VISA office that actually processes PR application. When I filed my application last October, I had CPP-Ottwa in the field, but my NOC was wrong so my application was returned, and the officer crossed CPP-Ottwa and wrote "Buffalo" (Buffalo was probably less busy at the time). So when I filed again, I put Buffalo there. But then Buffalo office was closed end of last year, and my file was only sent to CPP-Ottwa as per my GCMS notes. So really just put down CPP-Ottwa and don't worry about it.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
snuffles said:
That's the VISA office you wish to have you PR application processed. Put down CPP-Ottwa NOT Sydney.

Frankly it probably only matters when you put down a foreign VISA office that actually processes PR application. When I filed my application last October, I had CPP-Ottwa in the field, but my NOC was wrong so my application was returned, and the officer crossed CPP-Ottwa and wrote "Buffalo" (Buffalo was probably less busy at the time). So when I filed again, I put Buffalo there. But then Buffalo office was closed end of last year, and my file was only sent to CPP-Ottwa as per my GCMS notes. So really just put down CPP-Ottwa and don't worry about it.
Correct. Applications have to be sent to sydney, the office you put in form imm0008 does not matter at all. The VO assessing
your application will put the correct office in.

The Buffalo office is now closed anyway.

Mirboy

Sep 15, 2013
thanks alot friens,
i really appreciate all your good responce. i will put cpp ottawa in the visa office field and send my application to the sydney.
thanks again for your responces.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Mirboy said:
thanks alot friens,
i really appreciate all your good responce. i will put cpp ottawa in the visa office field and send my application to the sydney.
thanks again for your responces.
Good luck!! 8)

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
Here is the link from CIC website for your reference:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EP7TOC.asp

Here is the extract:

Question 4

Immigration Office requested for the processing of your application

Indicate the name of the Immigration Office which serves:

your country of nationality, or
the country in which you are residing, provided that you have been lawfully admitted to that country for at least one (1) year.

Note: Do not select the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) as the immigration office requested to process your application. Although you may be required to submit your application to the CIO, you must indicate the name of an appropriate visa office using the criteria above.