+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! Deemed to be ineligible despite having 70 points on fsw grid

runal17

Mar 4, 2023
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi all,
I recently created an EE profile and the eligibility tool is showing the message " you appear to be ineligible". My Points are as follows
24 - ( IELTS 9 or above in all capabilities) + 4 ( CLB 7 or above in all skills in TCF ) + 21 ( bachelor 3 years or more ) + 9 ( one year of foreign work experience) + 12 ( age 21)
=70

Based on manipulating the tool (e.g by increasing experience points by 2 or degree points by 1 at which point it renders me eligible) , I'm guessing it's calculating the points to be 66 i.e without second language points. But my test result is still valid, it's not even been an year.

My exact answers are as follows:-
Which province or territory do you plan to live in?
If you don't know yet, choose the province or territory you are most interested in.
select Ontario or any other Province

Canada's official languages are English and French.You need to submit language test results for all programs under Express Entry, even if English or French is your first language.
Which language test did you take for your first official language?
IELTS

What date did you take this test?
2023-Februrary-28

Enter the test score for Speaking.
Enter the test score for Listening.
Enter the test score for Reading.
Enter the test score for Writing.

Do you have other language results? Which language test did you take for your second official language?
TCF

What date did you take this test?
2022-October-01

Enter the test score for Speaking.
14-15
Enter the test score for Listening.
458-502
Enter the test score for Reading.
549-699
Enter the test score for Writing.
14-15

In the last three years, how many years of skilled work experience do you have in Canada? It must have been full-time (or an equal amount in part time).
None

During this period, which TEER of the National Occupation Classification (NOC) is most of the experience in?
None of the above

In the last 10 years, how many years of skilled work experience do you have?
It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation
One

In the last five years, do you have at least two years of experience in one of the following qualified trades occupations (five-digit codes) that include occupational code 62200 and occupational codes beginning with 72, 73, 82, 83, 92, 93 and 6320 (except occupations beginning with 726 or 932).
If you are not sure of the NOC for your job, you can find it on the Find your NOC page. (required)
None

How much money (in Canadian dollars) will you bring to Canada?
13310-16569

How many family members do you have?

Do you have a valid job offer in Canada?
No

What is your date of birth?
2001-August-10

What is the highest level of education for which you have earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate, or have had an Educational Credential Assessment?
(ECAs must be from an approved agency, in the last five years.) If you did not earn a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate, you may need to have your foreign education assessed by an agency approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
They must show that it is valid, and equal to a completed Canadian credential.

Bachelor's degree or a three or more year program at a university,collee,trade or technical school or other insitute

Check all that apply
1. I have studied full-time in Canada for two years or more
2. I have at least one year of full-time work in Canada(the job must have been TEER 0,1,2 or 3)
3. I have a relative in Canada who is 18 years or older, a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, and is my parent, child, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, aunt, uncle, niece or nephew.
4. None of the above

ans 4. None of the above

What is your marital status?
Never Married/Single

Express Entry
Based on your answers, you do not appear to be eligible for Express Entry

Please Help. I'm really worried. Thanks in advance

Last edited: