+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Cic Notification of Seizure

escobar2303

Dec 16, 2015
Hi,

I need your advice because I have a situation right now. I am an international graduate student currently studying in Canada. I went for a written driver’s examination. After the exam, I meet two guys that wrote the exam with me and we got talking. I informed them of my intentions to get my driver’s license sent to me from my country. Luckily they said they are actually planning the same. Since we are student of the same school and we are from the same country, one is even from my department in the school we agreed to save cost by getting their own license sent to my brother and then my brother added mine. Making three licenses in a package all with different names and information. It was indicated on the waybill that the package contains 3 licenses no form of concealment or any foul play.

So my brother sent it to me and we all contributed the money meant for the courier. But surprisingly, it was held. Instead of the license to be delivered by the courier, I got a notice of seizure mail from CIC with the description of the item seized being individual names, and date of birth on the licenses. And a message to the client which states that: If you want, your documents will be returned send your request by fax to the fax number of the officer below.

(1)It was stated beneath the filled form that item seized from international mail and courier service will be disposed off in accordance with the immigration and refugee protection regulations. Should you wish to discuss this matter you may contact the fax within 30days of seizure

(2)The information provided on this form is collected under the Authority of the immigration and refugee protection Act. It is protected by the privacy act and is accessible to you and will be stored in personal information bank number CIC ppp 180.

(3) The notification states that it was held under immigration and protection act section 140: An officer may seize and hold any means of transportation, document or other thing if the officer believes on a reasonable ground that it was fraudulently or improperly obtained or used or that the seizure is necessary to prevent its fraudulent or improper use or to carry out the purposes of this Act.

Now, the other two guys involved are saying it is not a big deal that we should forget it as they are not ready to engage in any tussle with the immigration. They said it is neither a charge, a caution or a conviction and it is better to forget it than go after it and start a long battle of investigation. I agree to this to a certain extent but on my own part, being the receiver, I fear having a bad record because I will be applying for SOWP for my wife to be very soon and even PGWP. But if i pursue it alone and Cic probably want to confirm from the other two guys and they deny out of fear, i will be in a deep shit. They said it is not a criminal record and it will be disposed off after a while

I don’t want my applications rejected on bad record grounds. Yet I need the two guys to agree with me because if Cic wants to confirm from them and they deny out of fear, I will be in a big mess. Does number 2 have a bad effect on my record? If I refuse to make request for the seized document, will there be a bad record or can this affect my future applications? Please advise as I am having sleepless night already.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are confused with immigration (CIC) and customs (CBSA). The mail is seized by CBSA instead of CIC.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
steaky said:
You are confused with immigration (CIC) and customs (CBSA). The mail is seized by CBSA instead of CIC.
thats what i thought too. customs must have got suspicious because of multiple ID's in one box they must have thought they r illegal id's. I may be wrong though .

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
did you call CIC/CBSA or call the contact number?
you can talk to lawyer about it (they usually offer free consultation , bring the letter and talk to more than one lawyer)

escobar2303

Dec 16, 2015
floomy said:
did you call CIC/CBSA or call the contact number?
you can talk to lawyer about it (they usually offer free consultation , bring the letter and talk to more than one lawyer)
I sent them a fax already telling them i have informed the rightful owners of the other two licences and explaining reason why three was in one package and asking for the process involved in the retrieval if possible. I dont know of any lawyer. I would have consulted one. Thank you alot

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
escobar2303 said:
I sent them a fax already telling them i have informed the rightful owners of the other two licences and explaining reason why three was in one package and asking for the process involved in the retrieval if possible. I dont know of any lawyer. I would have consulted one. Thank you alot
you can find a immigration lawyer in your area on the internet and give them call and ask for free consultation. (if they provide, take advantage of it. )

Ravik1234

Aug 8, 2017
Hi,
i need your advice , i am in the same situation .If possible for you to reply me

I need your advice because I have a situation right now. I am an international graduate student currently studying in Canada. I went for a written driver’s examination. After the exam, I meet two guys that wrote the exam with me and we got talking. I informed them of my intentions to get my driver’s license sent to me from my country. Luckily they said they are actually planning the same. Since we are student of the same school and we are from the same country, one is even from my department in the school we agreed to save cost by getting their own license sent to my brother and then my brother added mine. Making three licenses in a package all with different names and information. It was indicated on the waybill that the package contains 3 licenses no form of concealment or any foul play.

So my brother sent it to me and we all contributed the money meant for the courier. But surprisingly, it was held. Instead of the license to be delivered by the courier, I got a notice of seizure mail from CIC with the description of the item seized being individual names, and date of birth on the licenses. And a message to the client which states that: If you want, your documents will be returned send your request by fax to the fax number of the officer below.

(1)It was stated beneath the filled form that item seized from international mail and courier service will be disposed off in accordance with the immigration and refugee protection regulations. Should you wish to discuss this matter you may contact the fax within 30days of seizure

(2)The information provided on this form is collected under the Authority of the immigration and refugee protection Act. It is protected by the privacy act and is accessible to you and will be stored in personal information bank number CIC ppp 180.

(3) The notification states that it was held under immigration and protection act section 140: An officer may seize and hold any means of transportation, document or other thing if the officer believes on a reasonable ground that it was fraudulently or improperly obtained or used or that the seizure is necessary to prevent its fraudulent or improper use or to carry out the purposes of this Act.

Now, the other two guys involved are saying it is not a big deal that we should forget it as they are not ready to engage in any tussle with the immigration. They said it is neither a charge, a caution or a conviction and it is better to forget it than go after it and start a long battle of investigation. I agree to this to a certain extent but on my own part, being the receiver, I fear having a bad record because I will be applying for SOWP for my wife to be very soon and even PGWP. But if i pursue it alone and Cic probably want to confirm from the other two guys and they deny out of fear, i will be in a deep shit. They said it is not a criminal record and it will be disposed off after a while

I don’t want my applications rejected on bad record grounds. Yet I need the two guys to agree with me because if Cic wants to confirm from them and they deny out of fear, I will be in a big mess. Does number 2 have a bad effect on my record? If I refuse to make request for the seized document, will there be a bad record or can this affect my future applications? Please advise as I am having sleepless night already.