+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP-->CEC - WORKING as supervisor/got hired BUT no food experience?

visacoming

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
I dont have any prior food experience and do not have any certification for food either..

Here on the last few lines it say :
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/Profile.aspx?val=6&val1=6311&ver=16

Employment requirements
  • Completion of secondary school is usually required.
  • Completion of a community college program in food service administration, hotel and restaurant management or related discipline or Several years of experience in food preparation or service are required.

I have none, will my experience as a supervisor count for expericne in CEC?

They gave me all training but I'm scared now I wasted time?

please let me know..

Thank you

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I dont have any prior food experience and do not have any certification for food either..

Here on the last few lines it say :
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/Profile.aspx?val=6&val1=6311&ver=16

Employment requirements
  • Completion of secondary school is usually required.
  • Completion of a community college program in food service administration, hotel and restaurant management or related discipline or Several years of experience in food preparation or service are required.

I have none, will my experience as a supervisor count for expericne in CEC?

They gave me all training but I'm scared now I wasted time?
Well.. the good news is you can pretty much ignore those "employment requirements" (unless you are in a regulated occupation, which you are not). But it also has to make sense, and hiring a "supervisor" without experience generally does not.

So, I think you have good reason to be concerned, but you will also have opportunities to explain. For example, you can ask your employer to describe the training in your letter of employment, and maybe even to explain why they would hire you as a supervisor without experience (maybe you have a different degree or other experience that they thought would be a benefit?).

The bigger question is, do your job duties and responsibilities actually reflect those of NOC 6311, as well as the lead statement?

Darshil shah

Apr 9, 2019
Hey did you got approved ?
  • Several years of experience in the food or beverage processing industry are required.
In my teer code also it says this but I don’t have prior food processing industry experience. Anyone pls help me does it mean I just wasted my experience???