+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*HELP* can anybody help, I have been trapped.

Govind1313

Oct 7, 2017
Please help
I paid an agent 45000$ for work permit with a construction company as a supervisor. My wages is 28$ per hour but my employer force me to do labour and pay me only 11$ per hour and I will refund him rest of amount by cash because he make cheque according to 28$. My agent threatened me that he deport me if I refuse work or complaint. I am very much depressed because I couldn't run my home with this small amount I am paying heavy tax. I have 3 kids. I will be very thankful if somebody help me.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Please help
I paid an agent 45000$ for work permit with a construction company as a supervisor. My wages is 28$ per hour but my employer force me to do labour and pay me only 11$ per hour and I will refund him rest of amount by cash because he make cheque according to 28$. My agent threatened me that he deport me if I refuse work or complaint. I am very much depressed because I couldn't run my home with this small amount I am paying heavy tax. I have 3 kids. I will be very thankful if somebody help me.

First of all, he cannot deport you if you have legal status in Canada. You can complain to employment standards office about your employer in your province. But the downside of it, if you have a closed work permit that is tied to your job, then if your employer gets flagged by the government then you might lose your job too.

You can always try to find another employer to support your work permit.

Govind1313

Oct 7, 2017
Thanks
But I want solution.
I heard that I can go to ircc and they will issue a special trp, if I book complaint.
Do you know what is trp.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Thanks
But I want solution.
I heard that I can go to ircc and they will issue a special trp, if I book complaint.
Do you know what is trp.

Temporary Resident Permit or TRP is only issued to people who are inadmissible to Canada. So you are not qualified for it since you're already in Canada. You can stay in Canada until your work permit expires but if you decide to quit your job then you are not allowed to work for anyone else since your permit is tied to your current employer.

My advice is if you still want to continue working, look for another employer who will support your work permit. You should talk to the employment standards office near you and ask for advice.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Agreed. Report the employer to labour standards and then report the agent to IRCC. It's all illegal. Otherwise, don't pay him the cash. Give him a cheque. Or don't give it to him. But make sure you report them. If you don't, you are contributing to your own problem and probably others. You have rights in this country. Use them!

kalasharma

Feb 21, 2015
best practical approach is that you speak to your employer to give you some raise.otherwise bear this atrocity if you want to apply for PR.If your wife is working on an open work permit, than she can apply for pr

Govind1313

Oct 7, 2017
Thanks
But I don't have money I am paying 70% of my salary in tax. Because my salary on the agreement is 28$/hour and I have to return rest of amount in cash to the employer because he pay me 12$/hour.
Yes my wife got open work permit last week.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You need to report your employer. I suspect IRCC makes concessions for exploited workers. Really, just phone them annonamously and ask.