+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help--- Bank Draft

nitinkalra99

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Forum,

I have decided to mail my application with the bank draft for the application fee. As new rules are applicable since June 2010 so draft has to be in favor of 'Receiver General for Canada' in CAD but

• Payable at which location?

Can the draft be in INR (as I'm applying from India) payable at 'New Delhi'. Is it right to use the following link as reference, suggesting the currency as INR.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/pr_fees-frais_rp.aspx?lang=eng

Pls suggest...

yoyojaab

Aug 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also have sent application fee by DD.

"Can the draft be in INR (as I'm applying from India) payable at 'New Delhi'"

No,you can't.It's must be Canadian dollars.you need to converse INR to CAD$,it depends on the currency exchange.
Just ask the banker that you want to buy an demand draft and send it to CANADA.They will calculate how much u gonna pay automatically.

Cheers

nitinkalra99

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yoyojaab said:
I also have sent application fee by DD.

"Can the draft be in INR (as I'm applying from India) payable at 'New Delhi'"

No,you can't.It's must be Canadian dollars.you need to converse INR to CAD$,it depends on the currency exchange.
Just ask the banker that you want to buy an demand draft and send it to CANADA.They will calculate how much u gonna pay automatically.

Cheers
Thanks yoyojaab

So what should come for 'payable at' for the bank draft, any city in particular. What did u mentioned in ur case.

yoyojaab

Aug 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I didn't mention any city particular.

nitinkalra99

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yoyojaab said:
I didn't mention any city particular.
By process 'payable at' has to be included in the draft. Again I'll check with my bank...

Regards'

pun123

Mar 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
better send a mail to CHC Delhi and check. They would respond in a week time

as CIO office is in Sydney Nova Scotia, Canada it should be this address

D

drgladiator

go to HDFC bank if u have a/c there..payable to reciever general of canada....no city is to b written...give them monwy in INR...they will convert to CAD...HDFC staff will guide u...will take 15-30 mins.