Chestermayday

Dec 19, 2015
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Hi everyone.
I just got a letter saying my PGWP is refused cuz I submitted a wrong documentation. I submitted the enrollment letter intead of the completion letter. I feel so upset.
My final transcript was issued on October 26 this year and my dean advise me to apply again with an expkaination letter to indicate the mistake.
Now I have a study permit, coop work permit as welk as a sin number they all expire on 30 sept 2016.
Can I work during the waiting time for the second time application?
Thanks.

ndrs11

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
If your final transcript was indeed issued on October 26th it means that you're still within the regulatory 90 days. and you should be able to apply again with no problem. I do advice you write an explanation letter to let the officer understand why the other application was issued and to state that you received your confirmation of finishing your courses in October 26th.

And as long as you apply for PGWP before the expiry date of your Study Permit and within the 90 days of receiving confirmation of graduation, you can work while waiting on your PGWP decision.

Also add a confirmation of graduation letter. make sure this letter states your full name, course you took, the length of the program as well as the length you've been studying in your DLI.

Chestermayday

Dec 19, 2015
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
ndrs11 said:
If your final transcript was indeed issued on October 26th it means that you're still within the regulatory 90 days. and you should be able to apply again with no problem. I do advice you write an explanation letter to let the officer understand why the other application was issued and to state that you received your confirmation of finishing your courses in October 26th.

And as long as you apply for PGWP before the expiry date of your Study Permit and within the 90 days of receiving confirmation of graduation, you can work while waiting on your PGWP decision.

Also add a confirmation of graduation letter. make sure this letter states your full name, course you took, the length of the program as well as the length you've been studying in your DLI.

Thanks. But the problem is my completion letter was issued on July 15 and the final transcript was issued on Oct 26. My first application was on Aug 4 but got refused on Dec. I feel so confused..

DK15

Nov 22, 2015
I dont think you need an explanation letter, just give them the right documents they asked for. I got my pgwp recently with my official letter of graduation but I will also suggest the you submit either your official letter of graduation or the official transcript and then there's an option somewhere, if you are applying online, you can submit an additional document. Use that option to also submit either your OLG or your OT. But try and submit both of them somehow just in case they later ask for the other one. I know some people that submitted only the OT and CIC later asked for the other one or vice versa. Make sure they are official...with the school stamp and relevant signatures . You should be fine if you still have your student status and good luck!

DK15

Nov 22, 2015
If you are no longer within the 90 days from the date given on your official letter of graduation as the date your degree requirements were completed then you will need to apply for restoration of status and provide letter of explanation(not so sure about the letter of explanation but just include it) via the additional documents option.

Chestermayday

Dec 19, 2015
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Thanks. But the problem is my completion letter was issued on July 15 and the final transcript was issued on Oct 26. My first application was on Aug 4 but got refused on Dec. I feel so confused..

DK15

Nov 22, 2015
You could have simply used just your completion letter. My final official transcript wasn't ready as of the time I applied. You just need to apply for restoration of status and pgwp. It takes longer for CIC to process anything these days since they have a lot of backlog. The sooner you apply for it the better cus I believe more students will be applying this month and next month and that will likely increase the backlog.

Chestermayday said: