+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help: Active study permit PGWP application

Caroline1993

May 13, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Please help me. Your help is greatly appreciated.

I'm currently studying with my 2 years study permit. I was accepted at a university. However, I decided to withdraw from the university move to another college after studying for one semester. I have recently finished my one year program at my new college, so I still have half year valid study permit.

I want to apply for my PGWP and get a one-year work permit. Would it be possible considering that I still have an active study permit? Also, is moving from one school to another without finishing it will affect my PGWP application?

Note: I need to apply for PGWP at least 90 days after graduation.

Thank you so much.

Best Regards.

Last edited:

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Hi Everyone,

Please help me. Your help is greatly appreciated.

I'm currently studying with my 2 years study permit. I was accepted at a university. However, I decided to withdraw from the university move to another college after studying for one semester. I have recently finished my one year program at my new college, so I still have half year valid study permit.

I want to apply for my PGWP and get a one-year work permit. Would it be possible considering that I still have an active study permit? Also, is moving from one school to another without finishing it will affect my PGWP application?

Note: I need to apply for PGWP at least 90 days after graduation.

Thank you so much.

Best Regards.

Yes, you can apply for PGWP based on finished program. Note your study permit automatically expires post 90 days of graduation (doesn't matter how long it's still valid).

Caroline1993

May 13, 2017
Thank you for replying! I really appreciate it!
@J5M

So I'm taking a graduate certificate program right now, and I have an option to take the laddering program which can help me to get a master degree.
The condition is that I need to study for 2 months in the U.K and after that, I can finish my thesis either in U.K or Canada.

Do you think after finishing my Thesis in Canada, I can still apply for the PGWP or should I apply it right away? (I graduated 2 weeks ago).
It's an official partnership between this college with the university in the U.K.

Thank you!