+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! about Study Permit issued by Canada immigration office

Feb 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey, first of all, let me introduce some background to help you understand my situation.
1-I got admission from 2 universities, both are Master program.
2-when getting the 1st offer I begain to prepare and apply for my student visa
3-during the application processed in Canada embassy, the second university admitted me(this is my dream school!)
4-I got my student visa successfully by the offer of university 1.

so my question is, when entrying Canada, the officer will check my visa and issue me a study permit, which offer should I show him/her? both or the 2nd University?

thank you for your help!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

1172923572 said:
hey, first of all, let me introduce some background to help you understand my situation.
1-I got admission from 2 universities, both are Master program.
2-when getting the 1st offer I begain to prepare and apply for my student visa
3-during the application processed in Canada embassy, the second university admitted me(this is my dream school!)
4-I got my student visa successfully by the offer of university 1.

so my question is, when entrying Canada, the officer will check my visa and issue me a study permit, which offer should I show him/her? both or the 2nd University?

thank you for your help!
Here is what CIC says.

Frequently asked questions:
Studying in Canada
Study permits
I am already in Canada and have a valid study permit. I would like to change my school or program of studies. What do I need to do to modify my study permit?

If you are changing schools and/or your program of study but remain at the same level (e.g., secondary level), you do not need to modify your study permit.

However, if for example you are a student at the primary school level and you are moving on to secondary school, or if you are a secondary school student and you are moving on to post-secondary studies, or if you are moving from post-secondary studies to secondary studies, you need to submit an application to modify your study permit at the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta.

ashokcan

Apr 28, 2011
1172923572 said:
does anyone know how to deal with this situation?
Very simple my dear friend. You show only the offer of University 1. Because your student visa was granted for univ. 1 Everything is clear. :D

Feb 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
HI

Here is what CIC says.

Frequently asked questions:
Studying in Canada
Study permits
I am already in Canada and have a valid study permit. I would like to change my school or program of studies. What do I need to do to modify my study permit?

If you are changing schools and/or your program of study but remain at the same level (e.g., secondary level), you do not need to modify your study permit.

However, if for example you are a student at the primary school level and you are moving on to secondary school, or if you are a secondary school student and you are moving on to post-secondary studies, or if you are moving from post-secondary studies to secondary studies, you need to submit an application to modify your study permit at the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta.
thank you my friend! it seems I can change my university without notification to Canada embassy, coz both program are master program

Feb 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashokcan said:
Very simple my dear friend. You show only the offer of University 1. Because your student visa was granted for univ. 1 Everything is clear. :D
thank you my friend, in fact,for University1 the date of registration is 1st Jul which required me to entry Canada before that date. however my travel plan is to entry Canada at the end of Aug, so if I show officers the offer from 1st university, there would be some contradictions which may make me looks like a suspicious guy... :eek:

ashokcan

Apr 28, 2011
1172923572 said:
thank you my friend, in fact,for University1 the date of registration is 1st Jul which required me to entry Canada before that date. however my travel plan is to entry Canada at the end of Aug, so if I show officers the offer from 1st university, there would be some contradictions which may make me looks like a suspicious guy... :eek:
Did you pay the tuition fees for university 1 ? When your class is going to start ?

amr1001

Feb 6, 2010
Hi i have hte same siuation here, should i enter with University 1 letter or university 2?

And is MAsters program and Graduate Certificate on the same level?