+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help: A visa for a baby

sklin

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
hi everyone,

Did any OWP applicant apply TRV for your infant baby? Could you please share your experience with us?

I am applying OWP, and just submit my passport to Visa office as request. I want to apply my baby a visa so that he can come along with me to Canada. I research online and find out there is only one way to apply my baby that is a visiting visa/TRV.
But it is kind of confusing to prepare all the requested documents.

If anyone can share your experience to me, I very appreciate for your help!
Thank you!

ying888

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
sklin said:
hi everyone,

Did any OWP applicant apply TRV for your infant baby? Could you please share your experience with us?

I am applying OWP, and just submit my passport to Visa office as request. I want to apply my baby a visa so that he can come along with me to Canada. I research online and find out there is only one way to apply my baby that is a visiting visa/TRV.
But it is kind of confusing to prepare all the requested documents.

If anyone can share your experience to me, I very appreciate for your help!
Thank you!
Yes, your baby will need a visitor visa in order to enter to Canada.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
You have to apply as visitor with MULTIPLE visits and submit along with your application.

The baby will also undergo medicals like the way wp applicants do, because it is understood that they baby will live with you as long as you are living there.

There is no other change. You have to fill separate forms much like for visit for the baby and just write things like "purpose of visit - accompanying parents", in "contact in Canada" may be give address of your employer etc.

This is for kids under 6. For those 6+ and school going, you should apply for an "open study permit instead".

Just as a note for info, i have kids in both spectrum's (under six and over 6) and i have got visas for both along with work permits for myself and spouse.

sklin

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
fkl said:
You have to apply as visitor with MULTIPLE visits and submit along with your application.

The baby will also undergo medicals like the way wp applicants do, because it is understood that they baby will live with you as long as you are living there.

There is no other change. You have to fill separate forms much like for visit for the baby and just write things like "purpose of visit - accompanying parents", in "contact in Canada" may be give address of your employer etc.

This is for kids under 6. For those 6+ and school going, you should apply for an "open study permit instead".

Just as a note for info, i have kids in both spectrum's (under six and over 6) and i have got visas for both along with work permits for myself and spouse.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience, fkl!

My case is a little bite different. I am about to receive OWP now because I have mailed my passport to visa office as request by decision made. Hopefully, I will get my passport back next week.
Since my baby is only about one month old, yup, he was born in the middle of my OWP application , now I need to apply visitor visa for him by submitting his own document. but there is some request form such as Education and Employment, I doubt if I should fill this form for my baby or not? and the invitation letter, I have not landed yet, do I need to write an invitation letter or not?
Any suggestion that will be very helpful for me.
Very appreciate for your reply once again! Thanks!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
sklin said:
Thank you so much for sharing your experience, fkl!

My case is a little bite different. I am about to receive OWP now because I have mailed my passport to visa office as request by decision made. Hopefully, I will get my passport back next week.
Since my baby is only about one month old, yup, he was born in the middle of my OWP application , now I need to apply visitor visa for him by submitting his own document. but there is some request form such as Education and Employment, I doubt if I should fill this form for my baby or not? and the invitation letter, I have not landed yet, do I need to write an invitation letter or not?
Any suggestion that will be very helpful for me.
Very appreciate for your reply once again! Thanks!
Yes your case is different. But you should have done certain things that you didn't. First since you were expecting a baby, you should have at least informed cic immediately after he was born. That way they might have processed his case along with yours and asked you for additional docs and saved you the trouble of doing it separately again.

Any way, you are not a sponsor any way, so you don't write an invitation letter as per say. Just write a letter explaining he was born while your app was in process, attach evidence that you attached with your owp application along with details of your own approval. You would fill his forms as "dependent of principal applicant". So you can simply write "Not applicable" in education and employment. Though i don't remember having seen these fields in "TRV forms". There is a temp resident visa form which only asks for purpose of visit, in which you could write "accompanying parents". In funds available, you could write the annual salary of principal applicant (assuming your owp was based on your may be spouse's temp work permit, so he must already have a job offer or be working there already).

The other form is family information form which you have to fill separate for your kid and may be for some countries they would require "Schedule 1 - IMM5257" which is more like a declaration that you were not in government service, crimes or any thing. You may or may not have to fill this too for your child. That should be all.

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
I have a similar question.

I am applying for work permit based on the LMIA. I have selected the option “Visit - All other types” for my wife and infant child. But later on in the document submission section, there is a required TRV application for kid who cant fill up a form cos shes 2 years old.

I would want both wife and kid to live with me and dont want them getting 6 month visas.