+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help - 50 point job offer

Postdoc2022

Jan 22, 2022
Hi I claimed 50 points for the job offer, got ITA and submitted all documents. Eligibility in progress now.
My job offer letter does not say "we will employ you one more year from the time you will get PR".
The immigration Department of my Uni said today I should not worry, the job offer will be accepted. If I am very worried I could get another reference letter from my employer with this statement. Should I do that and submit it via webform?

To everyone who takes the time to read and answer this - a thousand thanks!!!

Last edited:

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
The idea behind having such a statement is to weed out all the 1year contract agreement. So if your employment letter did not specify a end date, it is then assumed to be permanent or in perpetuity. Nothing to worry about if your employment letter has no end date. Getting another reference letter is a good idea and would not hurt the process.

hbaig27

Star Member
Dec 18, 2020
The idea behind having such a statement is to weed out all the 1year contract agreement. So if your employment letter did not specify a end date, it is then assumed to be permanent or in perpetuity. Nothing to worry about if your employment letter has no end date. Getting another reference letter is a good idea and would not hurt the process.
Where can we find the requirements for the LMIA + PR support letter?

I have been working with my employer since April, they got an LMIA for me that was approved in October. Once I get my ITA, what letter do I need from my employer? I've already got the letter from them for Work History, explaining my duties, salary etc but do I need another letter saying we intend to employ him for 1 year post PR and anything else?

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
the instructions for the ITA will be clear and outline what is needed to prove your LMIA. Typically they ask for a copy of the certificate or something like that.