+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELLO!! I NEED ADVICE..

leoj_09

Star Member
Jul 13, 2010
I SIGNED MY CONTRACT LAST APRIL 2011 AND ON JULY 2011 MY EMPLOYER FORCE US TO SIGN A NEW CONTRACT SAYING THAT WE ARE
NOW GOING TO PAY OUR ACCOMMODATION DUE TO THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN CANADA AND MY COUNTRY..

MY QUESTION IS:

ARE WE COVER WITH THAT AGREEMENT KNOWING THAT WE SIGNED ALREADY A CONTRACT BEFORE THE AGREEMENT IMPLEMENTED?..

AND IS THERE'S A SITE RELATED MY PROBLEM TO READ..

THANKS IN ADVANCE AND GOD BLESS!!..

A

albertian

first of all your mgs is not very clear who will pay accommodation you and your employer according to the hrsdc it is employer responsibility to provide accomodation to foreign worker so there is nothing wrong to change the contract until you read carefully and make sure that something are not suitable for your working condition which will mention on your new agreement or against labour law so when you will sign before take one copy and check with any immigration agent or multiculurism deparment of your province.if you find out anything wrong stick with your old contract but it can be effect on your job may be your emloyer doing write thing i can;t tell you any without reading your agreement so finally take your copy and pay 50 t0 100 dollar to any immigration lawer to double check make sure with that ways you will be 100 per sure and will get peace of mind and understand properly .i hope you will get your answer so plzz send me complete detail of history which job your doing ,which province how long who provide accomodation ,visa condition so plz provide info as much as you can

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First talk to the employment standards in your province. They will help you if your employer is not doing everything they should. If you tell me what province you are in, I can help you find the number you can call.

If your employer made you sign a contract that is illegal, then it is not valid. If the employment standards tell you that you are in the right, you can go to your employer and give them the option of correcting this themselves before you call the employment standards in. If you make an official claim, it could be very bad for your employer and they may want to avoid that.

leoj_09

Star Member
Jul 13, 2010
thanks albertian and leaon..

im here in Ontario..beside of that we pay our renewal about 900$ up to 1800$ each..this is our second contract since dec 2008..they renew us and we signed our second contract last year april 2011 due to the agreement of 2 country (i dont know if is it true) they change our contract by our employer on jul 2011 one of the changes happened is that we pay our accomodation..before this is free by employer because we only leaved in their Bunk House..

thanks!!..

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I looked if there is a hotline for abused TFW's in Ontario but could only find one for live in caregivers so instead, go to a Service Canada centre near you with your contract, permit and copy of LMO if you still have it and ask them if this is all kosher. You usually should not have to pay to extend your contract. If you have a receipt for this payment, bring it as well. Service Canada may not be able to help you but for sure they can tell you who you should talk to.

leoj_09

Star Member
Jul 13, 2010
thanks Mr. Leon..

do you think my employer has the rights to change our contract as easy like that though the other one still existing?..
because we had deduction in every salary that's why i'm worrying about this much, and i need more information about this before we
make an action..

many thanks in advance..

We didn't pay our renewal anyway because we smell something wrong with this..

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Go to Service Canada with your contract. If the first contract was still valid, it is possible that the employer wanted to make a contract that is better for him. When he got the LMO to hire you, the LMO will have said how much he had to pay you etc. He will have had to give the first contract to Service Canada to get the LMO. They have to approve it. Then after he already has the LMO, he might want you to sign a new contract that is better for him but Service Canada may not approve of that. Go talk to them.