Hello, advice please on UK-Ontario migration

OhCanada77

Star Member
Oct 18, 2015
England
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello. So, my fiance is Canadian and lives in Ottawa. I am in the UK. We are not married yet. I am studying for my degree yet I am 38 years old. I have a 10 yr old child (my fiance is not his father) I have his fathers permission to move to Ottawa.
My seemingly basic question is, what are my chances of getting residency? I would ideally work once I was living there.
I've looked on the CIC site and tried the wizard with various permutations (we are married/not married, I have a degree/don't have a degree, I work/don't work in Canada)
We were planning on marrying in the UK within the next 5 years so we are NOT marrying just for residency!
If i've got no chance I'd rather know now! And if I have got a chance, which route am i best to take?

Thank you in advance.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
OhCanada77 said:
Hello. So, my fiance is Canadian and lives in Ottawa. I am in the UK. We are not married yet. I am studying for my degree yet I am 38 years old. I have a 10 yr old child (my fiance is not his father) I have his fathers permission to move to Ottawa.
My seemingly basic question is, what are my chances of getting residency? I would ideally work once I was living there.
I've looked on the CIC site and tried the wizard with various permutations (we are married/not married, I have a degree/don't have a degree, I work/don't work in Canada)
We were planning on marrying in the UK within the next 5 years so we are NOT marrying just for residency!
If i've got no chance I'd rather know now! And if I have got a chance, which route am i best to take?

Thank you in advance.
If you are not married and have not yet lived together for 1 full year, your chances of getting PR via family class sponsorship are effectively zero. You will probably need to complete the required steps to become eligible first. There are always the other economic immigration classes but you will need to check your eligibility using the IRCC Web Site

OhCanada77

Star Member
Oct 18, 2015
England
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I thought that would be the case. So once we are married and I have my degree my chances increase? I work in health and social care and working out my NOC is proving difficult!

Thanks

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
OhCanada77 said:
I thought that would be the case. So once we are married and I have my degree my chances increase? I work in health and social care and working out my NOC is proving difficult!

Thanks
so would you class job as social worker

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
OhCanada77 said:

Thanks
Once you have married, it's virtually a done deal. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp
There are no employment or educational qualifications requirements for spousal sponsorship.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Right, the best way is to wait until you are married and then your spouse sponsors you and your child for PR. It can take months to get processed so you should start planning for that about 18 months before you want to actually move.

PeterKroll

May 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One other thing is to find employer and get a job that might speed up process a bit
Goodluck

OhCanada77

Star Member
Oct 18, 2015
England
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Totally forgot i'd posted this! Upon doing some more research, we figure that spousal/family sponsorship is our best bet. Now to save for the big day!

Thank you everyone :)