+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Heilp, who can I complain to?

Waitwait2011

Mar 13, 2011
I applied the citizenship for my daughter and myself on April 19, 2009 and pass the test on Dec.4, 2010, almost 2 years passed, I am still waiting and waiting. Please help me. Who (or where) can I complain to? Any idea? I found this forum today, I hope it can give some help.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since you have already passed the exam, your file must be at your local office so try to contact them. I have no idea how to find their phone number but you could go there and ask them in person. You could also call the call centre, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/index.asp but if you can not find out this way, make an appointment with your member of parliament and ask him or her to find out for you what is going on or to push a bit. What does your eCas status say?

I also had to wait over 2 years but not after the exam, before the exam. I had applied for citizenship and got my AOR fairly quickly and then had to wait more than 2 years to be called for the exam. After the exam, I was called for oath fairly quickly. I was not in any hurry so I never asked why it was taking so long. I was never asked for more documents. My eCas status was always "In process". I was starting to think they lost my application and possibly they did. Maybe it fell behind a cabinet and was found like a year later. Maybe a similar thing happened to yours.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon,

Did you ever order the notes for your citizenship application to find out why it took so long?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Karlshammar said:
Leon,

Did you ever order the notes for your citizenship application to find out why it took so long?
No, maybe I still can. It would be interesting to see what is says on there. Maybe it will say "found behind a cabinet during spring cleaning" ;)

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
No, maybe I still can. It would be interesting to see what is says on there. Maybe it will say "found behind a cabinet during spring cleaning" ;)
Or have a big red stamp on it stating "TROUBLEMAKER" :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maybe it will say "Delayed, pending background checks regarding tattoo of blue elephant" :p

vinadam

Feb 25, 2010
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
Edmonton, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You guys are funny! :D ;D

I had my oath taking after almost 17 months of waiting, AFTER the exam. I had to send in a residency questionnaire and on top of that, there was a backlog where my file was(Edmonton office). I wonder if that's also the case why it's taking so long.

I also want to share with everyone that I met a guy when I was going for my Oath taking who, get this, applied for citizenship March 2010, got his exam done December 2010 and got his oath taking January 2011, TOTAL OF 10 MONTHS WAITING, it is outrageous and so unfair! He couldn't even believe me when I told him that I've waited for more than 2 years from when my application was received.

I teased him that maybe he put an extra fee that's why it is THAT fast for him HEHE!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I talked to a few people at my oath ceremony and I think all of them said it took about a year for them and I was the only one with 2 and a half but really, I wasn't in any hurry. As long as you have PR and are living in Canada and not committing any crimes, it's not like they are going to kick you out.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Would you be willing to order the information and share with us? I, for one, am very curious about what it says. It is free and the form is here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563B.pdf

Leon said:

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am sure the truth is nowhere near as exciting as our speculations. I actually wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't say anything at all.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would not be surprised either. Would you be willing to order it so we can all find out? ;)

Leon said:
I am sure the truth is nowhere near as exciting as our speculations. I actually wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't say anything at all.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
Leon said:
Maybe it will say "Delayed, pending background checks regarding tattoo of blue elephant" :p
Good one, Leon!!!