+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Heavy machinery operator

MarkBon

Apr 15, 2011
Hello, my name is Markus, i live in Germany. 33 years old.
I started thinking today about moving to Canada, and registered here to find out something about process and everything else.
I don't want to start filling up papers before i know, that there is work for me in Canada.
I have a simple situation, i am single, no problem for me move out from Germany.
I am a 10 years old skilled heavy machinery operator: wheel loaders, excavators, tractors.
I have been working last 5 years on many models of Belarus tractors.

Could somebody tell if there is chance of finding good job in Canada?
I'd like to thank in advance for every reply.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We mostly use John Deere tractors here, so you need to get your Canadian license to drive John Deere tractors. The rest is Canadian experience.

rob21

Nov 26, 2009
We use all types of tractors here not just JD.
You are operating heavy machinery like wheel loaders etc. Most of those types of equipment are used on road building sites etc and not in agriculture. There is a demand for experianced operators and any type of infrastructure projects usually involves some form of heavy equipment. This is usually not an apprenticeable trade in Canada but most provinces have an associaltion that looks after the certification of operators. An examble can be found here: http://www.mhca.mb.ca/
You may want to contact them and see what the outlook is for operators.

Hook

Jun 20, 2011
I'm interested too, but I think (I don't know) that everyone should have some special license or certifications for driving heavy machinery...
What permissions must I have exactly for drive an excavator in Canada?
If am I already an experienced operator?

Markus13

Jan 30, 2013
I "Bumping" this old post I would appreciate if someone would answer the Hook's question. I am experienced with heavy eq (I am working on this [blog about heavy machinery) and I am interested in moving to Canada.

Jacobnn

Mar 13, 2014
Well Be honest and sincere, do all you say you are going to do start your own business. The economic system, is in a great position for striking out on your own. Have a look at govt web websites as there are several entrepreneur owner allows available for start up businesses.

Jul 10, 2014
Best of luck "Markus" but you really need to get Canadian driving license for driving the tracter. If you have 10 years experience so its very easy for you to get driving license from Canada.