Heath and social care workers

OhCanada77

Star Member
Oct 18, 2015
England
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have 5+ years of experience working in elderly care, specifically with those with Alzheimers, Dementia and mental health issues in a large home for the retired and elderly.
I have two years left to complete my Bsc in health and social care and have looked tentatively for jobs to give me an idea of availability but to very little results. I don't seem to be able to find jobs in what in the UK we call care homes where you have a certain number of elderly residents being cared for in one building. Surely this is something that Canada has so why is it proving to be an issue for me? Am i just not looking in the right places? It's along the lines of care assistant, health care assistant etc..

Thank you

lady0421

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
Hi there,

I worked in a residential care that houses elderly with various care needs (medical and mental health). It is like a hospital setting but only for the elderly. From memory, the health care professionals there include: registered nurses, licence practical nurses, social workers, occupational therapists, recreational therapists and assistants, and medical doctors. There may have been: health care assistants, rehab assistants, residential care workers, health unit coordinators...etc.

Perhaps you can try using one of the above terms and do a search in a Canadian job search website and see if it helps.