+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hearing

Littlebeee

Star Member
Jan 6, 2023
I had my hearing 6 weeks ago … the member told me my decision will be mailed to me. I have still not gotten it. Should I be worried? I was not given a decision on spot.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I had my hearing 6 weeks ago … the member told me my decision will be mailed to me. I have still not gotten it. Should I be worried? I was not given a decision on spot.
Could be for a variety of reasons. The holidays will also have slowed administrative work so would take off 2 weeks from your timeline. Canadapost is also very overwhelmed around the holidays so it takes longer to receive mail. I would check with your lawyer next week to see if they have heard anything. If you have not heard by mid January I would suggest following up to see if the results of the hearing have been mailed out or not. If not mailed out sometimes members want to do more research and some are just slow when it comes to mailing oh their hearing results. If mailed out would ask when to determine if it may be lost or stuck in the holiday mail.

Littlebeee

Star Member
Jan 6, 2023
Could be for a variety of reasons. The holidays will also have slowed administrative work so would take off 2 weeks from your timeline. Canadapost is also very overwhelmed around the holidays so it takes longer to receive mail. I would check with your lawyer next week to see if they have heard anything. If you have not heard by mid January I would suggest following up to see if the results of the hearing have been mailed out or not. If not mailed out sometimes members want to do more research and some are just slow when it comes to mailing oh their hearing results. If mailed out would ask when to determine if it may be lost or stuck in the holiday mail.
Thank you, I will just give it till next week Friday and if I don’t receive it I will call my lawyer and them as well.

Littlebeee

Star Member
Jan 6, 2023
How do I reach out to them if I end up needing too?

Littlebeee

Star Member
Jan 6, 2023
Hello everyone, I got my NOD today! And I got a positive decision . Thank you to everyone that encouraged me on this platform. One more question my hearing was Dec 1 and decision is today Jan 11 when will I start counting my citizenship days ? (Just curious)

Oluwasaanu

Aug 27, 2022
Hello everyone, I got my NOD today! And I got a positive decision . Thank you to everyone that encouraged me on this platform. One more question my hearing was Dec 1 and decision is today Jan 11 when will I start counting my citizenship days ? (Just curious)
Congratulations..
Am waiting for my hearing date soon. Pls you share your hearing experience and likely questions they asked. Thanks

Littlebeee

Star Member
Jan 6, 2023
Congratulations..
Am waiting for my hearing date soon. Pls you share your hearing experience and likely questions they asked. Thanks
Thank you !
everyone question is different… no your story and the dates and you should be good. If you don’t remember… simply say you don’t remember or you don’t know … don’t try to guess.