+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hearing TimeLine

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
You got me wrong with this one, if you already have a lawyer then you cannot attend a hearing without their presence. But you CAN attend a hearing without having to get a lawyer if you didn't have them in the first place.
Depending on your counsel behavior, You can waive and attend your hearing. IRB will assess situation. There are situation where counsel is “no show”, but claimant feel confident to proceed. This right is not obsolute neither unlimited.

Reactions: jinglebell0123

noonestark

Nov 3, 2021
Hi guys,
As I told you before IRB suggested I send them an email/letter where I explain to them why I am ready for a hearing. I will for sure include the emotional stress I have been in the past 2 years because of not knowing what will actually happen with me and having an unknown future. I'll also mention the situation aggravating in my country. However, I was wondering if I also include how I got easily integrated in the society and how I chose to work and study at the same time (knowing that I pay more fees for my college tuition). It's been a full year that I am working and I'm on my 3rd semester in college. Do you think mentioning this could help. I got a letter of recommendation from my employee in which he basically mentions that I'm a really good person and that he's been relying on me at work for the past 1 year and I have never failed him. He also mentioned how I got integrated in the society by serving our clients and how I was always motivated to work amid Covid.
One more thing, do you think it's a good idea to mention that if I don't get a chance for a hearing I wouldn't be able to continue my studies since I ll be charged international fees at the university and I definitely can't afford it ? And not studying is a source of stress for me and an obstacle to achieving my dreams?
Sorry for the long text but i'm actually stressed whether to include those 2 points or not. Do you think it's useless or it's something they value and look forward to at IRB.
Thanks in advance <3

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
Hi guys,
As I told you before IRB suggested I send them an email/letter where I explain to them why I am ready for a hearing. I will for sure include the emotional stress I have been in the past 2 years because of not knowing what will actually happen with me and having an unknown future. I'll also mention the situation aggravating in my country. However, I was wondering if I also include how I got easily integrated in the society and how I chose to work and study at the same time (knowing that I pay more fees for my college tuition). It's been a full year that I am working and I'm on my 3rd semester in college. Do you think mentioning this could help. I got a letter of recommendation from my employee in which he basically mentions that I'm a really good person and that he's been relying on me at work for the past 1 year and I have never failed him. He also mentioned how I got integrated in the society by serving our clients and how I was always motivated to work amid Covid.
One more thing, do you think it's a good idea to mention that if I don't get a chance for a hearing I wouldn't be able to continue my studies since I ll be charged international fees at the university and I definitely can't afford it ? And not studying is a source of stress for me and an obstacle to achieving my dreams?
Sorry for the long text but i'm actually stressed whether to include those 2 points or not. Do you think it's useless or it's something they value and look forward to at IRB.
Thanks in advance <3
I think you should not include the part of waiting to get accepted so that you won’t have to pay International student fee or reframe that part. However, the only thing that matter to the members at hearing is the credibility of your story.

pray to have a good member that will have compassion and accept your story. I wish you the very best.

noonestark

Nov 3, 2021
I think you should not include the part of waiting to get accepted so that you won’t have to pay International student fee or reframe that part. However, the only thing that matter to the members at hearing is the credibility of your story.

pray to have a good member that will have compassion and accept your story. I wish you the very best.
Thanks for the reply and the good wishes.
What about the letter of my employee do you think it can be useful to include it in my letter, just to show them that i am ready for a hearing and it s a sort of proof that i got Integrated in the society.

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
What about the letter of my employee do you think it can be useful to include it in my letter, just to show them that i am ready for a hearing and it s a sort of proof that i got Integrated in the society.
Yes. Any and every support letter is important to add as support documents. You can send this with other support documents when you have hearing date. Again, all the best.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You are only trying to secure a hearing date. Many of the items stated should be included as part of your application for asylum but not in your request for a hearing date. For your request for a hearing date you should include any proof related to how the long delay has negatively impacted you.

noonestark

Nov 3, 2021
Update : so my lawyer is still not answering me or giving me his time and i m fearing it s gonna take another 2 years to get my papers, but no i can t wait 4 years, so i m seeking some advices please, can i go to the court on my own without a lawyer ( does it make it faster in getting a hearing cz i did pass the 2 years) ? what are the pros and cons for doing that? what about changing a lawyer do you recommend anyone in the montreal/laval area ? does it take more time if i wanna change a lawyer? do all lawyers accept legal aid from the gov ? if not how much on average do lawyers charge for a refugee case. I'm litterally lost here and i'm starting to stress these lawyers don't understand that our life is on holdddddd when we are asylum seekers, that we can't study cz it s too expensive and the only thing we can do is work and be stressed. Any advice will be greatly appreciated guys thanks <3

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Update : so my lawyer is still not answering me or giving me his time and i m fearing it s gonna take another 2 years to get my papers, but no i can t wait 4 years, so i m seeking some advices please, can i go to the court on my own without a lawyer ( does it make it faster in getting a hearing cz i did pass the 2 years) ? what are the pros and cons for doing that? what about changing a lawyer do you recommend anyone in the montreal/laval area ? does it take more time if i wanna change a lawyer? do all lawyers accept legal aid from the gov ? if not how much on average do lawyers charge for a refugee case. I'm litterally lost here and i'm starting to stress these lawyers don't understand that our life is on holdddddd when we are asylum seekers, that we can't study cz it s too expensive and the only thing we can do is work and be stressed. Any advice will be greatly appreciated guys thanks <3
With covid situation, not suprised you crossed 2years. I don't advise you to do hearing without counsel but your counsel unavailability is another reason for delay. You can call IRB and speak with an agent. Politely, ask for an update

CanadaLandy

Star Member
Jan 8, 2022
With covid situation, not suprised you crossed 2years. I don't advise you to do hearing without counsel but your counsel unavailability is another reason for delay. You can call IRB and speak with an agent. Politely, ask for an update
Hi simba

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Do you have information about IFA submission
No, I am not. It is legal submission that your counsel make justification that IFA is not viable option for you in your case/situation. No one will be able to jungle around until someone who has details of your specific situation, your country and in this case you or your counsel.

CanadaLandy

Star Member
Jan 8, 2022
No, I am not. It is legal submission that your counsel make justification that IFA is not viable option for you in your case/situation. No one will be able to jungle around until someone who has details of your specific situation, your country and in this case you or your counsel.
I was told by someone you are Senior Lawyer and has L.L.M

GabrielW

Aug 24, 2020
If you don’t mind can you provide me the lawyers name. I’m waiting for my hearings in montreal I don’t want to get the same lawyer just making sure