+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hearing postponed...CBSA Screening not finished

LGBTrefugee97

Oct 1, 2016
Hey everyone, my hearing was supposed to take place today in Toronto but unfortunately yesterday my lawyer received a fax indicating that my IRB hearing has been cancelled as the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) security screening has not been finished yet for unknown reasons and will be rescheduled upon receipt of completion of the screening.

I'm really worried, has anyone every been through this? If so, how long did it take for them to reschedule your hearing? Any opinions?

LuckyGirl88

Oct 21, 2016
LGBTrefugee97 said:
Hey everyone, my hearing was supposed to take place today in Toronto but unfortunately yesterday my lawyer received a fax indicating that my IRB hearing has been cancelled as the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) security screening has not been finished yet for unknown reasons and will be rescheduled upon receipt of completion of the screening.

I'm really worried, has anyone every been through this? If so, how long did it take for them to reschedule your hearing? Any opinions?
I got my hearing letter at my door step. although i had a lawyer. why your lawyer received your hearing letter instead of you?

naturalist

May 15, 2016
LGBTrefugee97 said:

I've got same story like yours! On Thur. my lawyer received a fax letter postponing my hearing date which supposed to be held tomorrow Mon 14 Nov. "after two months since I claim refugee". The reason was the same too, the CBSA did not completed the security screening yet. However the letter also states the following:

" The claim may also be rescheduled and heard without the completed screening, subject to operational capacity, if confirmation has not been received by March 19, 2017"

Have you received this notice too?

CSED

Sep 19, 2016
Hi Guys,

Did you come to Canada with TRV? what are your nationalities? as far as I know ppl are doing their hearing within 2 months?

Kind regards...

key78

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
danielcrop said:
What does TRV mean? I have been waiting my hearing since Nov 2015 and I don't have any idea when it is.
(Temporary Resident Visa - TRV)

wezhira

Mar 14, 2017
naturalist said:
I've got same story like yours! On Thur. my lawyer received a fax letter postponing my hearing date which supposed to be held tomorrow Mon 14 Nov. "after two months since I claim refugee". The reason was the same too, the CBSA did not completed the security screening yet. However the letter also states the following:

" The claim may also be rescheduled and heard without the completed screening, subject to operational capacity, if confirmation has not been received by March 19, 2017"

Have you received this notice too?
Hi naturalist

Just wondering if you have been given a new date ever since or you are still waiting for the march 19th for the IRB to indefinitely set a hearing date?

wezhira

Mar 14, 2017
Hey Guys

Just wondering as well if anyone that received a letter saying date will be set if CBSA does not complete screening has actually had that competed and a new date set for their hearing?..

Thanks

naturalist

May 15, 2016
wezhira said:
Hi naturalist

Just wondering if you have been given a new date ever since or you are still waiting for the march 19th for the IRB to indefinitely set a hearing date?
No feedback yet for me! according to the IRB letter they may reschedule the hearing date without the CBSA screening after 19 Mar 2017.. and I'm still waiting!

SAMER MAHER

Jan 8, 2017
naturalist said:
No feedback yet for me! according to the IRB letter they may reschedule the hearing date without the CBSA screening after 19 Mar 2017.. and I'm still waiting!
Hi dear,
Any updates?