+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hearing experience without a lawyer

Gfr

Star Member
Sep 7, 2022
I have a hearing scheduled in 6 months
I started with a lawyer but will be attending my hearing without a lawyer because I cannot afford to hire one at the moment
Any experience of what happens at a hearing without a lawyer.
I’m I obliged to have one ?

helpme1

Mar 6, 2024
I have a hearing scheduled in 6 months
I started with a lawyer but will be attending my hearing without a lawyer because I cannot afford to hire one at the moment
Any experience of what happens at a hearing without a lawyer.
I’m I obliged to have one ?
Not obliged to but given how high the stakes are, people usually hire lawyers. Lawyers are expensive but there are community legal clinics who may provide with some free insight. The lawyers seat will be unoccupied and you'll answer the members or if any ministers delegates questions.

Gfr

Star Member
Sep 7, 2022
Not obliged to but given how high the stakes are, people usually hire lawyers. Lawyers are expensive but there are community legal clinics who may provide with some free insight. The lawyers seat will be unoccupied and you'll answer the members or if any ministers delegates questions.
Thank you!

skyisthelimitbd

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
Since filing BOC and upto getting PR, i didnt have any lawyer nor any advisor.
Question were asked from the BOC, and my answers were short but pin pointed.
Got Table decision.

Bryanpaz

Star Member
Mar 3, 2023
I had no lawyer, my whole refugee process took 9 months, got accepted in November 2023

all questions were from BOC

Aliya_izat

Star Member
Apr 12, 2023
I had no lawyer, my whole refugee process took 9 months, got accepted in November 2023

all questions were from BOC
I have upcoming hearing on may 5 please please if you can explain some details from your experience and how many people were present in hearing? Was it virtual or in person? How many hours?