+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Health Insurance

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For the first three months, you need a tourist insurance. Checkout this for more info:

http://www.biis.ca/

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zecdojojo said:
Need advice on getting health insurance for the first three months in Vancouver. Thanks
try the following which we found satisfactory with less premium:

http://pucherinsurance.com

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The doctors here in Toronto insist of first payment to them and they give receipt to claim the amount from Insurance Company. They dont entertain cashless insurance policies. This is big problem.

Anyone having idea which company's health/ travel insurance policy they entertain.

zecdojojo

Star Member
Mar 18, 2010
Thanks for the quick responds, Steaky i went into the web site but did not understand. They talk about sum to be insured. My question is how do i know how much to insure?, what are the insured sum covering in the three months waiting period? please Steaky help clearify me if you can. Thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I am a healthy person and I expect little or no illness/accident happen to me in the first three months of the waiting period, I will normally choose the least sum insured. In this case, the sum insured is $10,000 for this period. Next, I would click "VISITORS TO ONLINE QUOTE APPLICATION FORM" button, and then a new page would appear. In the new page, I would fill up my info in the light blue box provided and then click the "quotation" button. Then I would get the total insurance premium for this period.

For more questions about this policy, you can contact the company: info@biis.ca

zecdojojo

Star Member
Mar 18, 2010
Thanks steaky, i now understand, but if i buy an insurance from my home country (Italy) will that be advisable? or better buy it in Canada?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I heard many posters said preferably buying a insurance from a Canadian company.

haver

May 30, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) I advise to buy coverage as much as you can because you don't know what could happen with you and your health conditions.
You are saving the money because you are buying $150,000 coverage for $300. You don't save much you you buy smaller coverage but in case of emergency you can lose hundreds times more than you (or steaky) think you would save.
2) If insurance company Canadian - in case of big emergency in Canada you don't have to pay in hospital. They will connect directly and negotiate. I don't know about such option in case of non-Canadian insurance company.
3) I am an insurance agent for over 10 years.