+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Health Care Card in Quebec for Sponsored Spouse in Quebec with OWP

kvonrosen

Apr 4, 2019
Honduras
Category........
Hello everyone!

My husband and I are currently under the processing of my PR through the family class program, and I have obtained an Open Work Permit valid for 2 years from IRCC.
I also applied already for the SIN and we'll still waiting for the CSQ response.

Is there any way I can apply for a Health Card in Quebec like this?
We don't have any children and I'm already residing with my husband in Quebec, I've looked online but none of the options apply for our situation right now since I don't have an employer specific work permit, and I am not coming to Quebec with family.
I would appreciate your help and insights! Thank you!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone!

My husband and I are currently under the processing of my PR through the family class program, and I have obtained an Open Work Permit valid for 2 years from IRCC.
I also applied already for the SIN and we'll still waiting for the CSQ response.

Is there any way I can apply for a Health Card in Quebec like this?
We don't have any children and I'm already residing with my husband in Quebec, I've looked online but none of the options apply for our situation right now since I don't have an employer specific work permit, and I am not coming to Quebec with family.
I would appreciate your help and insights! Thank you!
What is your citizenship? Quebec does have some agreements with certain countries when it comes to health coverage. Otherwise unfortunately you don’t qualify.