+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Having Issue with RBC please help! Because l need a credit card

mercyofGod

Mar 14, 2015
Category........
RBC refused to approve my credit card just because l registered for Koodo Mobile number before opening my bank account as a new immigrant, this is driving me crazy now because they said l asked credit often...this is making me sad really...please l need advice on what to do so as to be approve with unsecured credit card to build my credit history with any of the banks that accept new immigrant but l am scared of going to another bank because l don't want them to pull up my credit to see that l registered for koodo mobile number...l am thinking of paying my bill at the end of the month and end the contract with koodo mobile if that will enable me to get credit card approval from any bank...is that possible? I need senior members please your advice is highly needed, thanks in anticipation.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As harsh as it sounds the banks lend money to whomever they want...there is no right to credit. Shop around. Its unusual for one credit search to drop your score to the point of refusal but I notice you just recently landed which may be the actual issue. If you can't get an unsecured card then you just have to make do with a secure card for now. After using it and paying it off on time your credit score will build up and you can re-apply for a non secured card. Good luck

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
mercyofGod said:
RBC refused to approve my credit card just because l registered for Koodo Mobile number before opening my bank account as a new immigrant, this is driving me crazy now because they said l asked credit often...this is making me sad really...please l need advice on what to do so as to be approve with unsecured credit card to build my credit history with any of the banks that accept new immigrant but l am scared of going to another bank because l don't want them to pull up my credit to see that l registered for koodo mobile number...l am thinking of paying my bill at the end of the month and end the contract with koodo mobile if that will enable me to get credit card approval from any bank...is that possible? I need senior members please your advice is highly needed, thanks in anticipation.
You can go for secured card.
It is just that your money will be blocked wth your bank, but the positive is that you will get the Credit card...use it for an year, build the history and apply for a better one after an year or so.
I did the same.

muhammadanas1987

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i thought they offered their services for newly landed immigrants. is getting a cellular connection before opening account is that bad?

secured credit card is a good way to start for now at least.

by the way, which bank is better ? RBC OR SCOTIA BANK??

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
try CIBC you wont have problem getting a credit card. dont even mention your cell number rather just use you landline/residential number.
i didnt even had a cell phone when i got my first credit card as a newcomer..:)
- You must have not payed your cell phone bills on time which had trigger the refusal. you must show that you are a good in paying your bills.

mercyofGod

Mar 14, 2015
Category........
Thank you all, l do appreciate your support, RBC called me today that they are sorry for the inconvenience because the bank teller that attended to me made a mistake with a code on my file that led to the refusal of the credit card but now they approved me to have the credit card with a limit of $1,000 from ATM and $2,000 POS, I guess it's not bad to just build my credit history, thank you all again, God bless.

Quink

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 (ECAS updated 20-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
IP update 26-8-2015, DM 14-9-2015, READY FOR VISA EMAIL 21-9-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015 (PR Card received 13-01-2016)
mercyofGod said:
Thank you all, l do appreciate your support, RBC called me today that they are sorry for the inconvenience because the bank teller that attended to me made a mistake with a code on my file that led to the refusal of the credit card but now they approved me to have the credit card with a limit of $1,000 from ATM and $2,000 POS, I guess it's not bad to just build my credit history, thank you all again, God bless.
Was it a secured credit card (ie: did you have to give them money to hold that's equal to the credit limit amount)? Or did you manage to get an unsecured card?

Glad to hear it was just a mixup!

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mercyofGod said:
Is this a credit card or a visa branded debit card which the Canadian banks have recently introduced into the market place though say Europe has had them for decades. Your reference to ATM and POS indicates its the latter. A credit card would state a credit limit and also a cash withdrawal limit typically a percentage of the credit limit. Just curious??