+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

haven't received anything from Canadian visa embassy

bismaasif

Feb 7, 2024
Hi,
Hope this thread finds you well. I am stressed because I haven't received my student visa. I applied on:
14 December 2023: my application was submitted on GCKEY
21 December 2023: my biometric was updated on my portal
3 January 2024: my medical test was approved.
Since then I haven't received a word from them and it's been 2 months since then. my portal is only showing SUBMITTED.
Please let me know how can I contact them.
I have one more question: I applied in December when visa requirements were for 10,000CDN for GIC now the policies have been changed.. so will it affect my approval?
I hope someone will respond to me and help me with my case I haven't found a similar case to me.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
Hope this thread finds you well. I am stressed because I haven't received my student visa. I applied on:
14 December 2023: my application was submitted on GCKEY
21 December 2023: my biometric was updated on my portal
3 January 2024: my medical test was approved.
Since then I haven't received a word from them and it's been 2 months since then. my portal is only showing SUBMITTED.
Please let me know how can I contact them.
I have one more question: I applied in December when visa requirements were for 10,000CDN for GIC now the policies have been changed.. so will it affect my approval?
I hope someone will respond to me and help me with my case I haven't found a similar case to me.
Your medical was approved a month ago so you have heard from IRCC. It is fairly normal for processing to take many months. If you have not shown that you have access to the additional funds yes it could be a problem. Processing was also somewhat on hold while IRCC implemented new rules. It only came out yesterday that those who applied before January 22 would not need provincial attestation. No need to contact anyone your application is being processing at a normal pace.

Sachi999

Jan 18, 2024
Your medical was approved a month ago so you have heard from IRCC. It is fairly normal for processing to take many months. If you have not shown that you have access to the additional funds yes it could be a problem. Processing was also somewhat on hold while IRCC implemented new rules. It only came out yesterday that those who applied before January 22 would not need provincial attestation. No need to contact anyone your application is being processing at a normal pace.
hey canuck78! I applied via SDS what would you say is the normal pace for my particular case? It has been 28 days (weekdays only not counting weekends) since I did my biometrics and my application is still on background check. Should I file a webform and ask for a follow up? Thanks in advance!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hey canuck78! I applied via SDS what would you say is the normal pace for my particular case? It has been 28 days (weekdays only not counting weekends) since I did my biometrics and my application is still on background check. Should I file a webform and ask for a follow up? Thanks in advance!
Do not file a webform. Normal SDS processing is typically 2-3+ months. Posted processing times are just estimated averages and are often incorrect. You may get lucky and be processed faster but that also means others are processed slower than posted time. Given the changes to the international student program and the fact that some changes were only announced this week, like the cap only being applied to those who applied after January 22, most applications may have been on hold for the past 2 weeks. The provinces are likely negotiating with the provinces behind the scenes about implementation of the new rules. Given that very few should be applying after January 22nd your processing may be faster than it would have been. You also likely counted some days that were technically business days but were around holiday time so offices were operating with minimal staffing and minimal processing was done. Until the week after New Year’s offices will not have been operating at normal capacity. The week before Christmas there would have also been at least half the week where processing would not have been normal as well. In general there is no point in sending a webform to IRCC unless there is something they can actually address. You will just receive an email (likely in a few weeks) telling you to be patient and that your application is being processed. If your application has been received, you have done biometrics and have done your medical all you can is be patient.

prisonmike511

Jan 29, 2024
I also applied from Pakistan via sds on 26th jan, biometric got approved on 3rd january and medicals on 9th january, still waiting. though a friend of mine applied and he got his ppr after 3 months, so i think waiting is the only option we have instead of stressing out

Reactions: canuck78