+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have close work permit - some questions

peoplesoft

Jan 31, 2013
I have been in Canada for almost a year now on a close work permit which stays valid till mid 2015. My spouse also lives here with me where she has TRV which is valid till my work permit is valid.

My questions:
1) Can my spouse apply and get an open work permit? What's the approximate processing time for that?

2) I am about to apply for our PR under CEC class. Does that affect the above (i.e work permit process for my wife) in anyways? Can they both get processed concurrently?

3) Say if I lose my job tomorrow or I quit (no intentions of doing that though), given I am on close work permit, would I be able to stay in Canada WITHOUT a job atleast till my work permit stays valid (which is till mid 2015) or would I have to leave immediately. What will be my options?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

AINP-BDR

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney - NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
Doc's Request.
30-01-2014
Nomination.....
08-08-2013
AOR Received.
02-10-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
RPRF Request 30-01-2014 paid on same day
Med's Request
02-10-2013
Med's Done....
08-10-2013
Interview........
Inproces 11-02-2014 Decision Made 07-03-2014
Passport Req..
13-03-2014
peoplesoft said:
I have been in Canada for almost a year now on a close work permit which stays valid till mid 2015. My spouse also lives here with me where she has TRV which is valid till my work permit is valid.

My questions:
1) Can my spouse apply and get an open work permit? What's the approximate processing time for that?

- Yes, She can apply for open work permit, If your work permit has more than six months validity. At present processing time 30 days

2) I am about to apply for our PR under CEC class. Does that affect the above (i.e work permit process for my wife) in anyways? Can they both get processed concurrently?

- Your PR application will not affect to spouse open work permit application

3) Say if I lose my job tomorrow or I quit (no intentions of doing that though), given I am on close work permit, would I be able to stay in Canada WITHOUT a job atleast till my work permit stays valid (which is till mid 2015) or would I have to leave immediately. What will be my options?

- You can stay here without working and check your contract and employer policies.
- If you apply for PR, once you receive AOR, if you loss your job with present employer you can apply for open work permit (BOWP) by explaining your situation.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

peoplesoft

Jan 31, 2013
Thank-you for your quick response!

Referencing to what you said, could you please briefly describe how the employer policies and contract can effect my stay in Canada (if I loose job or quit)?

Thanks once again!

BigBee

Oct 10, 2013
peoplesoft said:
Thank-you for your quick response!

Referencing to what you said, could you please briefly describe how the employer policies and contract can effect my stay in Canada (if I loose job or quit)?

Thanks once again!
If you quit or lose job, the employer will have to inform HRSDC about this, upon which, your Work Permit will be invalid, though you could stay until your VISA expiry, you are illegal to work.

If you apply for PR and get the AOR, you could apply for BOWP stating your status (no job), they will issue a BOWP which will entitle you to work legally to any employer.

hardikacharyaame06

Aug 7, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 August 2013
AOR Received.
13 August 2013
I am having job offer with LMO from the Canadian employer( job location ontario, company is based in Montreal Quebec) and have applied for the WP and OWP for my wife which is under process. My question is:
I am having job of noc code 7612. Is I am eligible if I plan to file the pr after 1 or 1&1/2 year?
If not what to do to be eligible by any means?

Fasuu11

Aug 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 August 2013
AOR Received.
05 August 2013
Interview........
12 September 2013
hardikacharyaame06 said:
I am having job offer with LMO from the Canadian employer( job location ontario, company is based in Montreal Quebec) and have applied for the WP and OWP for my wife which is under process. My question is:
I am having job of noc code 7612. Is I am eligible if I plan to file the pr after 1 or 1&1/2 year?
If not what to do to be eligible by any means?
Hi

If u fall under noc O, A or B you are
Eligible for canadian experience class
After 1 year of work experience in Canada
Hope this info will be helpful to u

hardikacharyaame06

Aug 7, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 August 2013
AOR Received.
13 August 2013
Fasuu11 said:
Hi

If u fall under noc O, A or B you are
Eligible for canadian experience class
After 1 year of work experience in Canada
Hope this info will be helpful to u
That is the problem check the noc code it's 7612. Is that code come under noc level 0,A,B? Job title is aircraft junior technician

Fasuu11

Aug 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 August 2013
AOR Received.
05 August 2013
Interview........
12 September 2013
hardikacharyaame06 said:
That is the problem check the noc code it's 7612. Is that code come under noc level 0,A,B? Job title is aircraft junior technician
It falls under noc b

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I checked the Matrix and it appears to be skill level D. http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/pdf/Matrix.pdf

hardikacharyaame06

Aug 7, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 August 2013
AOR Received.
13 August 2013
Pippin said:
I checked the Matrix and it appears to be skill level D. http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/pdf/Matrix.pdf
Ya u r right. so how can I get pr? Or what should I do to get it?