+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have a baby before leaving for Canada

stone1125

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Hello everyone,

I have a question and seek for your professional advice.

Luckily My visa has just been issued, and I must arrive in Canada before November. While we are going to have a baby soon, and we decide to go to Canada after the birth of my child for some reason.

We should inform the visa office according to the documentation issued with my visa, and it says my documentation will be cancelled and my application will be re-opened so that the new family member can be examined.

My question is will this effect my application? Should I go to Canada alone before my wife and the baby(I am the primary applicant)?

Thank you for your kind suggestion.

canadamylove

Oct 21, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3 '14
Doc's Request.
App Rcvd:May 8 '14
Nomination.....
DD:Jul 17 '14
AOR Received.
Line 1:Aug 10 '14
IELTS Request
PER:Aug 18 '14
File Transfer...
Line 2:Oct 16 '14
Med's Request
Dec 10 '14
Med's Done....
Dec 24 '14
Interview........
RPRF:Dec 2 '14
Passport Req..
Jan 6 '15
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 5 '15
LANDED..........
Apr 8 '15
stone1125 said:
Hello everyone,

Luckily My visa has just been issued, and I must arrive in Canada before November. While we are going to have a baby soon, and we decide to go to Canada after the birth of my child for some reason.

We should inform the visa office according to the documentation issued with my visa, and it says my documentation will be cancelled and my application will be re-opened so that the new family member can be examined.

My question is will this effect my application? Should I go to Canada alone before my wife and the baby(I am the primary applicant)?

that's because ur baby will be added in to ur app. so ur current visa will be revoked, ur app will be opened and processing will start again for ur baby. it will on avg delay ur case from 2 to 5 months.

whether u do it now or later it will take that much time. my advice is to do it now. since u are here and can arrange all documents and everything to process the case. once u r there ur spouse here can face difficulties in doing things cos case will be processed from here not from there. so sending things and arranging things.......can make hassle for her with a small baby.

good luck.

Xavier Sharma

Jan 29, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney > London VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Payment 12-02-15
Nomination.....
09-03-15 PER
AOR Received.
N/A with LVO
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-06-2015
Med's Done....
26-06-2015 TLU 11-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
10-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2015
LANDED..........
This is where dream becomes real!!
Guys does it affect your application by the same duration of time even if you are at the beginning of the process ie awaiting PER??

Your advice is much appreciated

dems

Apr 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep. 29, 2014
Doc's Request.
photo request - 6-Feb-15
Nomination.....
PER: 9-Jan-15
File Transfer...
SLU updated 26Aug15, upto 5th Line update - 29Aug15
Med's Request
04-Sep-15
Med's Done....
14-Sep-15, except for our new born MR received 27Oct15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-Nov-15
VISA ISSUED...
7-Dec-15
LANDED..........
In God's Time
stone1125 said:
Hello everyone,

If you'r wife can still travel why not allow her to give birth in canada? advantage would be you baby will become an automatic canadian citizen, but it is only costly if you still don't have health card. If you're wife will give birth outside canada then you have to inform you're VO that you have an additional dependent and your case will be reopen just to add your new baby.

stone1125

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
dems said:
If you'r wife can still travel why not allow her to give birth in canada? advantage would be you baby will become an automatic canadian citizen, but it is only costly if you still don't have health card. If you're wife will give birth outside canada then you have to inform you're VO that you have an additional dependent and your case will be reopen just to add your new baby.
Will it delay my application to much time? Or is it possible to withdraw my application as their policy changes so rapidly?

Thanks again.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I suggest having the baby in Canada. But if you have it before, you should inform the VO of your wife's pregnancy now and let them instruct you. Yes, your visas will be cancelled and your app placed back into processing, and there is no guarantee that visas will be issued again. That is the price of having the baby outside of Canada.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Xavier Sharma said:
Guys does it affect your application by the same duration of time even if you are at the beginning of the process ie awaiting PER??

Your advice is much appreciated
If you are still awaiting PER, wait until you receive communication from your visa office (not PER from CIC) and then inform your VO of the pregnancy. Yes, it will delay your application as you must wait until the birth and then provide the baby's passport and birth certificate and other documents. This is unavoidable.

outstandinguy

Dec 13, 2009
Who said there is no guarantee that visas will be issued again?

future_canadian said:
I suggest having the baby in Canada. But if you have it before, you should inform the VO of your wife's pregnancy now and let them instruct you. Yes, your visas will be cancelled and your app placed back into processing, and there is no guarantee that visas will be issued again. That is the price of having the baby outside of Canada.

Xavier Sharma

Jan 29, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney > London VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Payment 12-02-15
Nomination.....
09-03-15 PER
AOR Received.
N/A with LVO
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-06-2015
Med's Done....
26-06-2015 TLU 11-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
10-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2015
LANDED..........
This is where dream becomes real!!
future_canadian said:
If you are still awaiting PER, wait until you receive communication from your visa office (not PER from CIC) and then inform your VO of the pregnancy. Yes, it will delay your application as you must wait until the birth and then provide the baby's passport and birth certificate and other documents. This is unavoidable.
Thank you - baby is already born, couple months old. Passport application has been sent. Once recieved I will contact LVO