+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Havana, Cuba

Kiva667

May 9, 2019
Does anyone know if you can request a pick up place for a visa? For example, right now, they are saying, please send your passport to Mexico or come to Mexico to pick up the visa. Can request that the visa pick up be in Trinidad and Tobago?
Did you get a message from the Canadian embassy in Mexico that states “please send passport or come to Mexico?” If so,did they indicate whether the Canadian spouse can pick up the visa or does it have to be the applicant?

Ferengi

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Visa Office......
HAVANA
Did you get a message from the Canadian embassy in Mexico that states “please send passport or come to Mexico?” If so,did they indicate whether the Canadian spouse can pick up the visa or does it have to be the applicant?

We haven't received the "please send passport" message yet. We have received the Pre-Arrival Services email or the Welcome to Canada email in which we can sign up for government programs. An officer even called my husband to request information about his employment experience. I am assuming that we will be receiving the passport request as soon as they can get it together. I am also assuming that if we can mail the passport to Mexico, that they would allow me to drop off and pick up the passport (I am also his representative so assume that legally covers me off for picking up his passport).

I am going to stop by my MP's office today and get her to ask IRCC on my behalf.

stephtigger

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
We haven't received the "please send passport" message yet. We have received the Pre-Arrival Services email or the Welcome to Canada email in which we can sign up for government programs. An officer even called my husband to request information about his employment experience. I am assuming that we will be receiving the passport request as soon as they can get it together. I am also assuming that if we can mail the passport to Mexico, that they would allow me to drop off and pick up the passport (I am also his representative so assume that legally covers me off for picking up his passport).

I am going to stop by my MP's office today and get her to ask IRCC on my behalf.
When did you receive your pre arrival ? Before the May 8 announcement ?

stephtigger

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
Yes...we received it in April
Okay it seems nobody since May 8 announcement for PR app have been told anything concrete official by Mexico or Havana. It seems nothing had been set up
For delivery or pick
Ups. No cic office have given any concrete answer. If anyone has had official response from them please post

Reactions: Osmel86

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Hello!!! Does anyone over the year has already received any news or updates after May 8? Please share it if so...This is sooo crazy for all of us...
We got a 60 day extension for medicals (they responded after I wrote) - but actually we need 90 days because my stepson does his military service until the beginning of August. Nothing official on where to get medical except "a third country".
Really no news at all.

stephtigger

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
Hello!!! Does anyone over the year has already received any news or updates after May 8? Please share it if so...This is sooo crazy for all of us...
Havana contacted a few people to to bring their passport to
Obtain their visitor visas that was approved prior to May 8. So it still nobody knows what this will mean for the pr visas. Let’s all pray that Havana will still issue them but nobody has any answers.

Osmel86

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Cuba
Havana contacted a few people to to bring their passport to
Obtain their visitor visas that was approved prior to May 8. So it still nobody knows what this will mean for the pr visas. Let’s all pray that Havana will still issue them but nobody has any answers.
Yes, I heard that from my wife today and we pray they keep on with the pr application over here. Fingers crossed for all of us!!!

mecuban1982

Aug 18, 2018
hi everyone, i have been in this forum for a long time, i applied as a refugee, now i applying for my family in cuba, any updates from the mexico VO

stephtigger

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
hi everyone, i have been in this forum for a long time, i applied as a refugee, now i applying for my family in cuba, any updates from the mexico VO
So did you get your PR through refugee status? Was your file ever in Havana? Or Mexico? There has been no updates of files that were in Havana since before May 8 when they announced the closer of services.

mecuban1982

Aug 18, 2018
So did you get your PR through refugee status? Was your file ever in Havana? Or Mexico? There has been no updates of files that were in Havana since before May 8 when they announced the closer of services.
exactly, i got my pr through protected person status, now the application of my family is in mexico

stephtigger

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
exactly, i got my pr through protected person status, now the application of my family is in mexico
wow
Usually inland takes a
Long time. As of May 8th all
The spousal sponserships
have been
Told nothing. We don’t
Know where our files are. And many of us are over a year and close to a year. Nobody is giving any answers. As far as we know no PR were given out in Havana since early April. They closed services with no notice. If anyone has heard anything please update

mecuban1982

Aug 18, 2018
wow
Usually inland takes a
Long time. As of May 8th all
The spousal sponserships
have been
Told nothing. We don’t
Know where our files are. And many of us are over a year and close to a year. Nobody is giving any answers. As far as we know no PR were given out in Havana since early April. They closed services with no notice. If anyone has heard anything please update
i can't complaint, my process took 13 months, from april,2018 to may 2019, olny for the pr application after has been considered protected person, anyways, now it's time to suffer with my family application, which has to be conducted through Mexico VO

stephtigger

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
i can't complaint, my process took 13 months, from april,2018 to may 2019, olny for the pr application after has been considered protected person, anyways, now it's time to suffer with my family application, which has to be conducted through Mexico VO
Have you been told your spousal application is in Mexico ?