Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Check that the forms are the newest ones online as some may have been updated check the dates at the bottom of the form. You may want to email Havana and ask them to send you the links if they are not the correct ones they gave your husband. You could also just send all the forms and let them pick the ones they are missing.

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
Not sure what you mean . I filled under the old system on May 27 2016 . My husband was issued visa without interview 3 months after it was received in Havana . It took 57 days in Canada for me to be approved as a sponsor which was the wait time in Canada at the time .
Thanks for replying. my husband studied in Cuba for 6 years and they send his file for a preliminary review...which is a longer process apparently. :(

mpenn123

Jan 13, 2017
Check that the forms are the newest ones online as some may have been updated check the dates at the bottom of the form. You may want to email Havana and ask them to send you the links if they are not the correct ones they gave your husband. You could also just send all the forms and let them pick the ones they are missing.

mpenn123

Jan 13, 2017
Thanks Galano....after they told me that it was the wrong form I emailed them to ask if they could link the requested forms so that I could be clear on what they wanted but I still have heard nothing back from them.They also said that the ones i submitted with the application in December could not be written in pen( it was a paper application?? so how else could I have done it.
The whole thing is so frustrating and seems unreasonable in many ways, im half afraid that next they will tell us the application has gone missing and we need to start over....very discouraging :( to be 3000 miles away and at the mercy of people that dont seem to want to work with you

Manguita

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
In the waiting game of permanent residency for my husband. December 5th 2016 received documents, December 14th treatment began in havana, sponsorship approval for quebec and Canada done, still waiting for the visa more than 6 months now! Anybody have any idea of the average time of the process in havana?

mpenn123

Jan 13, 2017
In the waiting game of permanent residency for my husband. December 5th 2016 received documents, December 14th treatment began in havana, sponsorship approval for quebec and Canada done, still waiting for the visa more than 6 months now! Anybody have any idea of the average time of the process in havana?
We are about the same timeline ( yours about a week ahead of mine).So far nothing has changed on my cic account in months, everything is either being reviewed or in process.Last week the embassy called and asked my husband what day he did the medical ( shouldnt they already know that??) So slow and so discouraging...there seems to be no way of telling when you are close because from what i can gather every case moves at differant speeds
but best of luck to you

Manguita

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
We are about the same timeline ( yours about a week ahead of mine).So far nothing has changed on my cic account in months, everything is either being reviewed or in process.Last week the embassy called and asked my husband what day he did the medical ( shouldnt they already know that??) So slow and so discouraging...there seems to be no way of telling when you are close because from what i can gather every case moves at differant speeds
but best of luck to you
wish you good luck too! Why do they ask that to your husband? Where are you doing the process? in Cuba too?

Sabrina96

Apr 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
23-03-2017
Doc's Request.
07-04-2017 (Schedule A)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
05-05-2017
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
21-01-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-07-2017
LANDED..........
22ND OF JULY !!!
there is no average time. We just were granted our visa yesterday and we sent our app March 24 of this year. It all depends on the case, the file, the officer.

Manguita

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
there is no average time. We just were granted our visa yesterday and we sent our app March 24 of this year. It all depends on the case, the file, the officer.
wow it was fast for you! It's so frustrating that it don't seem to follow a sequence... where you there for the visa?

mpenn123

Jan 13, 2017
wish you good luck too! Why do they ask that to your husband? Where are you doing the process? in Cuba too?
I don't know why they would ask that but I just have to look at it as being encouraging that at least our file is being picked up from time to time.I am in Newfoundland and yes he is in Cuba.
Such a frustrating process but fingers crossed we get that email soon

Reactions: Galano1213

mpenn123

Jan 13, 2017
I received an email from Havana Embassy saying that the only thing they are waiting on was the medical assesment ....anyone have a rough idea of how long this takes?? The medical was done alittle over two months ago.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
I received an email from Havana Embassy saying that the only thing they are waiting on was the medical assesment ....anyone have a rough idea of how long this takes?? The medical was done alittle over two months ago.
It usually takes 3 months

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Anyone that won an appeal How long after it went to Havana did it take to get the visa?

Elegua2014

Aug 18, 2014
HELP EMERGENCY I ONLY HAVE 2 DAYS

Here is the summary:

I am Canadian, I have an American green card (got it through being a First Nations of Canada). My husband is Cuban, has an American green card. Our son is American and Canadian. We live in the USA.

In the past my husband and I lived in Canada, he had a temporary work permit. We returned to the USA and are now requesting again under Spousal Sponsorship. They sent his application to Havana being that he is Cuban. Everything was fine, I thought. So when they needed extra documents, and since USA doesn't mail to Cuba, I would mail that to my mom in Canada who would mail directly to Havana, no problem.

TODAY, August 4, we got an email from Havana that my husband and our son are requested for an interview next Wednesday August 9 at 8:30 am. Do they mean that we have to go to Havana office or any other office?! I am panicking. How the heck are we supposed to go to Havana next week??!! Don't they see that we have been living as a family TOGETHER in the States for 2 years now?

I read somewhere that I need to fax them and have the file transferred somewhere else. I would like this to be done in NYC. How do I do this? OR what is there to do??? :( :(

buzatti

Star Member
Jan 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2015
File Transfer...
06-01-2016
Interview........
02-08-2016
Passport Req..
22-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2016
LANDED..........
15-10-2016
HELP EMERGENCY I ONLY HAVE 2 DAYS

Here is the summary:

I read somewhere that I need to fax them and have the file transferred somewhere else. I would like this to be done in NYC. How do I do this? OR what is there to do??? :( :(
You need to contact them as soon as possible.

Fill out this form:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Havana&_ga=2.92382622.2041657693.1501882831-1855558094.1501882831

Then send an email to Havana-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

If he has family in Havana, maybe someone could go to the embassy.

You need to let them know about this situation so that they can reschedule the interview.